41

"The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart

"The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart."

—Taylor Swift

Day 88

A small group of them had been out in the rover a few times, mapping out sectors one, two and three at the Chancellor's order. Raven drove most of the time, because she had proved to be the most responsible at doing so, and Astoria was able to steal the front seat often. She hated the death vehicle, and it didn't help that her friends got used to its bumps and jerks much faster than she had.

Bellamy wasn't horrible at driving either; or at least, he was good enough for Abby and Kane to let him take the rover for a day. He had to beg the woman, and it wasn't until Astoria assured that she wouldn't let anything happen to them or the vehicle that she let them take it beyond the walls. They both needed a day off - Bellamy was working long shifts patrolling the camp, and Astoria was out over night some days trying to bring in enough food for all of Arkadia.

In the front seat, Astoria held the door tightly as they moved over rocks and sticks. When she jumped slightly at a large one, Bellamy smiled and moved to put a hand on her thigh. It made her feel more comfortable, and much more safe, but she wished the roads were still as clean as they were over a hundred years before. That was another reason Abby let them go out, because they had promised to clear any debris they found and start making real paths.

Astoria was directing Bellamy through the woods, because despite her being the one who knew where they were going she had no plans to ever get behind the wheel of the car. When he turned too sharply she tensed, and he rolled his eyes.

"Come on, I'm not that bad a driver," he joked, but Astoria wasn't in the position to laugh. She just wished they would get to their destination already. He could sense that, and squeezed her thigh lightly. "Relax, we're almost there."

He was right - in five short minutes, though they felt horribly long to Astoria, Bellamy was parking the car next to the large pond. When they opened the doors to the rover the waterfall was loud, but the woman only smiled. She wasn't able to visit the beautiful place much when she was alone, because it was quite a trek from her cave, but when Bellamy asked if she had any cool areas she could show him she knew she had to take him to the pond.

She shut the door quickly, and moved around to the front of the rover. Bellamy laughed at her eagerness, but he quieted slightly when she tore off her jacket and peeled off her shirt. In the weeks since they fully settled into Arkadia, Raven had introduced the grounder to bras, and Astoria found them wildly convenient. Not the ones with all the padding and wires, no those were just uncomfortable and made moving through the forest somehow harder, but the ones that almost looked like tight, cropped tank tops were magical.

Bellamy would agree, because the way the sports bra hugged her breasts and pushed them together made his pants tighten. God, he felt like a teenager.

"You coming?" she asked, kicking her boots off and pulling her pants down and off her ankles. She was just in her underwear now, and Bellamy quickly nodded his head and began to undress himself as well.