Chapter 2

LUBANZI

Chapter 2

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

I've knocked off and I'm driving to Kaya's school to pick her. I stop at the driveway and wait for her.

She comes after few minutes walking alone with her wireless earphones on. She opens my car's door and get in.

"Hi." She says then turns her attention to her phone.

I start driving. Finally we've reached home. I park my car and Kaya get out first. I follow her inside.

"Mtase." I greet my sister who's sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey. How was your day at work?" She ask. I sit down on the couch and take off my shoes.

"Tiring. I met up with this doctor and I so hate him. Can you believe that he asked me to come to his house? How am I supposed to know where he lives." I vent to my twin sis who stops watching TV and turns to me.

"What's his name?"

"Liyema Dalindyebo." Upon hearing the name,she screams.

"Haibo Ambesiwe? So much noise." She's annoying me.

"Sis, he's my crush and I know where he lives." She does? I did say he looks more like Ambesiwe's type.

"That's great. Accompany me there tomorrow morning if you're not busy." Ambesiwe is a DJ. We actually call her DJ Amber and she's known by a lot of people. She has a huge fanbase.

"Definitely. I need to look for an outfit." And she's crazy and loves fashion. She runs to her room to search for tommorow's outfit.

My phone rings and I answer, it's my brother Jongikhaya.

"Brother."

"Sis,how are you all?" He ask. Jongikhaya has his own house and family.

"We are fine. How's mom?" My mom is mentally unstable and she stays with our brother who looks after her. She has been in this condition for long now and we don't know what to do with her because there's nothing we haven't tried.

"She's still the same. Listen,I was asking if you could all visit this upcoming weekend. It's been long and she definitely miss you even though she doesn't say." I nod. I understand.

"We will come."

"Thank you,mtase. Take care." He hangs up. I sigh.

𝐋𝐈𝐘𝐄𝐌𝐀

"You made me look like a little girl in front of that hot lawyer." I'm pouring a drink for myself and Lubanzi. I give him one before sitting down on the couch with him.

"I was saving your àss." He hisses. This guy is always pissed. If he wasn't my brother,I wouldn't spend even a second with him.

"My àss don't need any saving,thank you. I can take care of myself. I'm trying to score points with the lawyer you know. She's so feisty and pretty." Afeziwe Jali is a definition of a goddess but unfortunately I'm not her type and I can see that.

"What's this about this girl that's driving you crazy?" I take a sip of the cognac in my hand.

"I've invited her here tomorrow. You'll see." I smirk.

"I have a lecture around ten." My brother is a lecturer. Sometimes I wonder how his students tolerate him because he can be so mean plus he's always serious. He barely smiles or laugh unless a situation amuses him. He's also a hard person to please but I've spent my whole life reading him. I understand him more than our parents does.

"Let's go out tonight. I need to get laid." I tell him.

"I'm tired." He's not.

"Suit yourself." I place the empty glass on the table and stand up and leaves. I bump into Hlelo on the door smiling on her phone. My little sister is pretty and she has so much confidence in herself. When I take her out, I'm always threatening boys to stop oggling at her.

I grab her phone.

"Liyema!" She tries to take it but I peek at whatever is making her laugh.

"Hlelo, who's Sammy?" I glare at her. She told her hands and look away.

"I'm taking your phone with me."

"Ha? You can't. Bring back my phone." She tries to take it but I stop her.

"What did I say about boys?"

"My dear brother,I have a second phone. Have fun dying with palpitations while scrolling through my phone." She catwalks her way to upstairs. I place her phone in my pocket and head to L&L club which is Lubanzi'a club but he made me a partner.

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

We are at the Dalindyebo's mansion. I didn't know that Liyema was the son of Themba Dalindyebo. He's a successful business man who's almost everyone's role model.

"Ring the doorbell." My sister who's busy fixing her outfit command me. I give her a dead stare but nothing I ever do affect Ambesiwe. She's looking pretty today. She really made an effort while I'm just in my black pants and matching blazer with black heels.

I ring the doorbell and a young girl in a school uniform opens up.

"Can I help you?" No hello? I roll my eyes.

"We are here for Mr Liyema Dalindyebo." I inform her. She scrutinise our outfits.

"I like you." She point at Amber and she grins.

"Thank you,Nana." Amber say.

"Wait…you're DJ Amber right?"

"In the flesh." Amber twirls. The young girl screams before hugging my sister.

"I'm such a big fan. Come in." She gestures for Amber to come in and I follow them.

"I'm Hlelolwenkosi Dalindyebo." She introduce herself. Oh, she's the princess of the family. I heard they are only three in her family.

Liyema comes downstairs wearing a smile on his face followed by his brother, whom I've never made acquaintance with.

"Miss Jali." Liyema greet me and even gives me a hug. I didn't know we were friends.

"I didn't know we were friends." He laughs.

"This is my brother, Lubanzi." His brother is just standing there looking all confident. He doesn't say a thing though.

"Hi." I say while staring at him and he just nod.

"And I'm Ambesiwe Jali." My sister introduces herself. Liyema shakes her hand and kisses it. Amber just blushes.

"Ah a prettier version of Afeziwe. Are you both twins?" Liyema can be charming that's for sure.

"Yes,but I came first." Ha Amber? Such lies?

"Can we start?" The quiet brother finally has a voice and it's deep like he's speaking with a mic.

"Sure." I sit down on the couch.

"Hlelo, don't you have a school to attend?" Liyema ask her.

"Oh, I forgot. Let me fetch my bag." She runs upstairs.

Liyema start telling me about what happened that day. Apparently he was at the club with his brother when his friend called and asked him to fetch him at the mall.

He drove there and when he got there he found the certain friend wounded with gunshots but he was holding a briefcase with money and when he was about to help him get inside the car,the police showed up.

Now the question is where is the money? Because Liyema says he doesn't have it and the friend died.