Chapter 5

LUBANZI

Chapter 5

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

The weekend was alright. It was nice seeing mom after a long time even though she kept flinching when we touched her. We've kind of accepted that she's not okay but sometimes the reality of life catches up to us. Sometimes when I'm feeling emotional,I think of her situation and it always makes me cry but sometimes I act like she's not sick and she's just visiting Jongikhaya.

I'm currently at the mall where the robbery took place. I'm waiting for the Dalindyebo's brothers.

I get a phone call and it's Liyema.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"We are at the main entrance."

"Okay, I'm coming." I hang up and get out of my car. I walk to the main entrance and they're out of the car. They are both leaning on it.

"Hi."

"Miss Jali. You made it." Liyema says smiling. He's always in a good mood.

"Where did the robbery take place?" I go straight to business.

He start narrating the events and showing me where everything took place.

"Aren't there any cameras in front of this florist shop?" I ask. Apparently Liyema parked here when he came to fetch his friend.

"The florist hasn't opened since long." He says.

"Are you hiding something from me Liyema? I mean you even brought your brother here." I stare at them. His brother just stare at me back.

"Miss Jali,relax. I'm not hiding anything from you." Liyema assures me.

"You better, otherwise I won't save your àss in court." He chuckles.

Here's my theory, Liyema knew about the heist and he was the designated driver. The footage here has been wiped. Maybe I need to get close with them so that I can search it in their house. Lubanzi is going to be a problem though.

"Can I come with my little sister to your home tonight?" I ask.

"Why?" Lubanzi ask. I can't get over how deep his voice is. Maybe it's because he's not talkative like Liyema.

"Uhm my little sister is a loner and I think that Hlelo is going to be a great company." It's a full proof plan.

"No problem. As long as you bring Amber. I'll tell Mom that we have guests tonight." Liyema says and I smile.

"Great. Let me leave." I didn't see the car coming in front of me. Someone pulled me to their chest before I could get hit by the car. I closed my eyes out of fear and my heart is beating so rapidly.

"Afeziwe? Are you okay?" Liyema's voice is full of concern. I open my eyes and I can smell someone's cologne. It smells so good.

I look up and I come face to face with an angry Lubanzi. He's the one who pulled me to his chest before I could get hit by the car. His hand is still on my waist and gosh, isn't it doing things to me. He grabbed me so roughly but it kind of gave me goosebumps.

I feel crazy finding pleasure in a situation so severe. I clear my throat and push Lubanzi away from me.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I didn't see the car." I feel so embarassed.

"Don't sweat it. Thank Lubanzi for pulling you away on time."

"Thanks." I stare at him.

"I didn't do it for you." He says. Ouch. The driver of the car that nearly hit me comes to us.

"Are you fúckin crazy? Why did you come in front of my car?" He yells furiously.

"I'm sorry." I apologize. If it was any other day,I wouldn't have apologised. I'm just feeling shaken up by the incident.

"No she's not." Lubanzi tells the angry driver. I'm confused at his words because I am sorry.

"If you weren't driving recklessly, this wouldn't have happened. Apologize to her." He orders the driver.

"If I don't?" The driver dares him. Lubanzi take few steps further and stand few inches in front of him.

"Then I'll make you." He threatens him and his tone is so scary.

"I'm sorry miss." The driver apologizes.

"It's okay." He leaves.

"I should go as well."

"Don't get hit by cars." Liyema enlightens the mood. I give him a half smile before I head to my car and get in. I exhale.

I almost died today. I can't die because my mom hasn't recovered yet. Imagine when they tell her I died while she was sick. It's going to break her. I'm grateful for my life. I start driving home.

𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐖𝐄

Afeziwe knocked off early today. She's been sitting on the couch lost in thoughts. I don't want to disturb her so I'm on my phone scrolling on Facebook.

"Amber…" She calls out.

"Hmmm." I'm still on my phone.

"Has anyone ever pulled you so roughly yet so gently?" She ask. What? I put my phone on the sofa and smile at her.

"Elaborate further,sis. Who pulled you so roughly yet so gently?"

"No one." Ha? She's hiding something.

"I thought we tell each other everything?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"I'll tell you if there's anything to tell. Liyema invited us to his home for dinner. He said we should bring our little sister as well." Why didn't she tell me earlier? I stand up immediately.

"You should have told me earlier. I need to do my hair."

"Amber,relax. It's not a date." She doesn't understand anything. Fez, never fusses over her looks. She doesn't make any effort to look pretty because she already is. We are identical yes but we are different.

She doesn't love colourful clothes while I do. She has no fashion sense but I do. I love trying to look perfect while she's just perfect without any effort. She has a backbone and always stand for what she believes in but I don't. I'm sensitive and she's the tough cookie who barely cries. Despite our difference, Afeziwe is the best sister in this world.

"Still my hair looks messy." I take my phone and book an appointment with my stylist.

"Hello fam." Kaya walks in wearing her school uniform.

"Hey Kaya. We have a dinner to attend tonight. Do you want to do your hair?" I ask her. She frowns.

"Dinner with who?"

"With the Dalindyebos." Fez says.

"I'm not going. Their daughter is a spoilt brat." Who do Kaya loves anyway?

"Kaya,I don't have the energy today. You're coming along that's it." Fez says in her ‘don't argue with me tone’ and head to her room.

"Kaya,I don't have the energy today." She mimicks Afeziwe.

"You're boring,yaz." I say.

"You're annoying." She also head to her room. If Kaya was staying with me alone,I would have returned her to Jongikhaya. She listens to Fez only.

Let me leave. I have an appointment in thirty minutes. I grab my handbag from the table and phone and head to my car.