Chapter 4

LUBANZI

Chapter 4

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

Well I've made an order at the restaurant near my workplace. I've knocked off and I just wanted to buy some seafood since they are Kaya's favourites. I love my little sister a lot and I'll definitely do everything in my power to make her happy. She needs to always remember that she has two lovely sisters.

I'm sitting down scrolling on my phone while I wait for my order. Someone pulls a chair on my table and sit down. I look at the person and you won't believe who it is.

"You could just say hi,you know. It won't kill you."

"We are not friends." His arrogance is on another level but I'm Afeziwe.

"Yet you sit on my table." I remark.

"This was the only chair available. Can you not speak to me? I'm tired and waiting for my order." I put my phone away so that I can give him my undivided attention.

"You should have thought of that before sitting here. I love talking and I can talk the whole day if possible. I was sitting alone before you showed up and you're just here to throw your weight around busy telling me we are not friends. Greetings are extended to everyone whether acquainted or not. It's shows good manners and respect."

"So you're saying that I don't have manners and I'm disrespectful?" I fold my arms and smirk.

"You said it, good sir." The waitress brings my order. I stand up.

"It was nice meeting you again."

"I can't say the same about you." He says and I laugh as I head to my car.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that in a long time." My sister Kaya says as I get inside the car.

"Of course you wouldn't notice Kaya. You're reserved." She shakes her head and takes the paperbag from me. I start driving home.

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

After picking my order I drove home. Today my mom is not cooking so she made me order. Sometimes you may wonder why I still live with my mother at the age of twenty eight but she refuses to let me go unless I date or at least get married which I'm not going to do anytime soon. I'm not ready to settle down and I doubt I'll ever be ready.

"Ta Themba."I greet my father. He's sitting at the lounge watching a soccer game.

"Yeah Banzi." I head to the kitchen and place the food and comes back to watch the game with him. He's annoying because he yells at the TV a lot. You'll swear he's the coach.

"Pass the ball big head!" He stand up and yells. I can't do this. I head to my study and find Liyema already there.

"What's up?" I ask him as I sit down. He's busy on some papers.

"You asking me what's up? That's a first. What do you want?" He knows me too well. I sit down next to him.

"What kind of person is your lawyer?" I enquire and he grins.

"Forget I asked."

"She's pretty that's for sure. Do you have a crush on her because I can ask her for a meet up on your behalf?"

"Nah."

"This is the first time Lubanzi Dalindyebo ask me about a girl."

"And the last." It's been months now without doing dance exercising. I feel like going back to my hobbies.

"See you." I stand up and head to my room to change into something comfortable which is not a suit.

𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐖𝐄

The party is lit. The highschoolers have a vibe. I mean they are the 2000s so we shouldn't expect anything less. This generation lives for parting and more parting.

I spot Hlelo speaking to a group of girls. I wave my hand and she comes running to me. She engulfs me in a hug.

"DJ Amber."

"Hlelo,how are you?"

"I'm feeling great now that I met you. The vibe is nice. I'm so happy I came here."

"I'm glad you did."

"It was nice meeting you again DJ Amber. I need to look for my boyfriend." She says and leave. I'm not surprised she's dating. Hlelo is pretty. Like her prettiness can be spotted even in a crowd. Nothing is imperfect with her appearance and the way she hold herself.

An hour later i heard to the bathroom. I hear someone crying at the next toilet.

"Hey. Baby? Are you okay?" I knock at their door. The person keeps on sobbing. I knock again.

"Please open. Talk to me." I beg her. The door finally opens and it's Hlelo.

"Hlelo? What's going on?" She doesn't say anything. She just hugs me and cry on my shoulder. I comfort her.

"Please calm down and tell me about whatever is bothering."

"He's cheating on me. I found him kissing another girl." Aww, heartbreak.

"I'm sorry boo. Can you hold your tears for another hour so that we can leave together?" She wipes her eyes.

"Okay." I hold her hand and we go back inside. Hlelo sit at a chair next to me.

It's already midnight and Hlelo is drunk to the core. She's busy dancing on top of the tables. Luckily,my gig is over so I go to her.

"Hlelo, let's go." I grab her arm but she pulls away.

"Leave my hand." I grab her forcefully and take her to my car. I lock the doors and start driving.

She's busy singing out loud. I drive to her home. I park outside the mansion and calls her brother.

"Amber, what's up?" He sounds sleepy.

"I have your sister. Come outside." I hear shuffling.

"Where did you find her?"

"She was at the party. She's drunk." He groans.

"I'm going to kill her. I'll be there in a few." He hangs up.

The gate opens and Liyema comes out. He knocks at the car's window and I unlock the door and opens Hlelo's door. He takes her out and she throws up on him. Euw.

"Bloody child. Thank you for bringing her home."

"You're welcome." I smile at him and he returns the smile before he picks up his little sister and walks with her inside. I drive home.