Chapter One

Friday came by so fast as Branch and Poppy arrived at the Troll Park at 1 pm exact, although John Dory, Clay, Spruce, and Floyd weren't there.

Branch: Urgh, this trip is going to be awful. 😩😩

Poppy: (Gasps) What!?! Are you kidding me? Camping trips are awesome. Hiking, singing songs, eating smores—aaahh! (Squeezes Branch) Spending time with your brothers and going to this new place called Bubbly Falls, which I always wanted to go to. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Branch: (Muffles) Yeah, fun. (Poppy lets go of him) But with my brothers? Look, every time I invited them to do something together, it always ends in a disaster.

Poppy: Don't worry, they'll make it.

Branch: 😒😒😒 Look, Poppy, I appreciate you for persuading me to invite them, but I believe if I don't make this camping trip just right, they would probably won't ever go on another trip with me again. Plus, it's 1:02 pm and they're a MINUTE LATE!!

Poppy: Branchifur, relax. (Rubs his right cheek) I've done this with all my friends and you. So, this is going to be a great way to reconnect with your bro—squee, I see Spruce.

Poppy and Branch got out of the Caterbus to greet him. Spruce, a Troll with purple, huge hair, walked towards them, sipping on a drink.

Branch: There you are. Where are the others?

Spruce: What's my name? (Sips iced tea)

Branch and Poppy blinked at him.

Spruce: (Sings) 💜 Oh na na 💜

Branch: 😐😐

Poppy: (Squeals and sings) 💖 What's My Name? 💖

Branch: (Face-palms) Come on, we don't have time for this. Seriously, guys? We have to get ready to leave and it's already 1:04 pm.

Poppy and Spruce sang and danced to the "What's My Name?" song by Rihanna.

Poppy and Spruce: 🎶 Oh na na, what's my name? Oh na na, what's my name? Oh na na, what's my name? What's my— 🎶

Branch: (To Spruce) Hello? You know that we were supposed to be leaving by now. Where are the others?

Spruce: (Shrugs and slurps iced tea with straw)

Branch: Great. And it's now 1:05 pm. We were supposed to be on the road five minutes ago, which now I will have 5 hours to drive until sunset. 😤😤😤

Poppy: Don't worry, Branch, I'm pretty sure there's a good explanation why they aren't here yet.

Spruce: Oh, there they are.

Poppy squealed, hopping up and down. John Dory, who was wearing his usual green skiing goggles, ran towards them. Clay, a Troll with lime green, messy hair, jogged from behind. Beside him, Floyd walked and rubbed his right hand onto his left, side bang of his magenta-pink hair that slightly covered his left eye. Poppy hugged them, still squealing.

JD: Got the video camera. Are we ready to go? 😁

Clay: Sorry that we're late. I had to say goodbye to my girl Viva, which she told me that she would love to join our camping trip next time. Also, guess who was in the bathroom for the fourth time in a row? (Points at Floyd)

Floyd: Hey...did you HAVE to tell everyone THAT!?! (Blushes) 😳😳

JD: (Chuckles) It's true though. 🤣

Poppy: (To Branch) You see what I mean? They're here. So, let's go ahead and—

Branch walked to his older brothers, crossing his arms at them, talking about how late they were and how they were supposed to be on time. JD, Clay, Spruce, and Floyd talked at once, going over one another.

Clay: Well, if it weren't for JD for forgetting the camera.

JD: Hey, who went for a run for fifteen minutes? 😠😠

Clay: I WAS BLOCKED BY TEN SHEEP!!! 😡😡😡

Floyd: They're Puffalos, not sheep. But you were smooching with your girlfriend Viva too.

JD: OOoooooooooo!!

Clay: HEY, CAN'T A GUY MISS HIS BEAUTIFUL LADY!?! AND DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM, FLOYD!?!

Floyd: But...but...🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Spruce: Hey, don't yell at him like that. 

JD: YEAH!

Floyd: Guys, I appreciate you standing up for me but...

JD: (To Clay) If he had to go, he had to go!

Floyd: Ooohhhh.... (Covers face with hands) 😳😳😳😳

Poppy: Okay...okay....easy guys. At least, we are all here, right?

They all nodded in agreement, apologizing for arguing. Branch sighed in relief, being thankful that the argument was over...for now.

John Dory: Okay, now that we're done with that...I should point out that Spruce over here left to get iced tea instead of just getting a DANG water bottle from his backpack.

Branch: (Face-palms) Thanks, JD, now you're going to start another argument???

Spruce: I WANTED TO DRINK SOMETHING NICE AND COLD!!! SO WHAT!?!

JD, Clay, and Spruce talked and argued at once while Floyd blushed, stared and said nothing. Branch crossed his arms and closed his eyes. 

Branch: ENOUGH!!!

Silence came quickly. Branch opened his eyes. All eyes were on him.

Branch: (Clears throat) Sorry. Look, should we be going by now? 

Poppy: Yes, we should. So, what are we waiting for? Let the fun camping trip begin!! SQUEE!!! 😍 

Poppy hugs him, which eventually got him to smile and he hugged her back.

Branch: Come on, let's go, guys! WHOO-HOO!!! 😄

JD: ALRIGHT!! OUR FIRST CAMPING TRIP TOGETHER!!! 😁

Clay: BUBBLY FALLS, HERE WE COME!!! 😎

Spruce: YEAH BABY!!! 😄

Floyd: (In a soft-spoken voice) Yay! 😊

Everyone else quickly got inside the Caterbus. Inside, Branch sat on the front chair, holding onto the steering wheel, still smiling. His smile suddenly turned upside down. It shown 1:18 pm on the clock. He groaned.