Chapter Nineteen

Branch and Floyd talked for the past seven minutes about their lives, what they missed about each other, and learned so many things about each other that they didn't know about. And for the first time ever, Branch enjoyed this conversation and didn't care in the world about how much time they had left until dark. What really mattered to him was talking to his fourth oldest brother while he is............pooping.

Branch: Are you done?

Floyd: Yup, all done. Now...how am I supposed to wipe?

Branch: (Gets excited) Ooh, I've been waiting for this moment. So, you got two options. Option one is to use toilet paper, which you'll need to put in a huge sandwich bag and carried it afterwards.

Floyd: Oh my.....what's option two?

Branch: To use leaves.

Floyd: I'll do that instead.

Branch: Wow! 😲 I thought you would go with option one.

Floyd: Okay, I see this bush next to me, so I just pull the leaves off from it and use it?

Branch: Yup.

Branch kept tossing the rock as the sound of rustling leaves came from behind the boulder.

Floyd: Oooh, I can't believe that I'm wiping myself with leaves right now. It feels weird.

Branch: Don't worry, you'll get used to it if you do it more often. 😉

Floyd: Got it. Okay, I will need some more leaves.

This sound of rustling leaves continued for the next two minutes. Floyd hummed a short tune. Branch tapped his foot to Floyd's singing.

Floyd: All done wiping. Time to pull these shorts up, up, up. And flush....wait. (Laughs) I forgot. There's no toilet here. (Continues to Laugh)

Branch: Okay, you can use the trowel to bury up your......... 

Floyd: Poop.  

Branch: Yup. Then you'll go wash your hands with the hand sanitizer.

Out of the blue, Floyd walked from behind the boulder. Branch stared at Floyd from head to toe. The way he wore his brown shorts with stitches on them actually looked nice on his 4th oldest brothers.

Branch: Twinsies, huh?

Floyd: (Smiles) Yeah...twinsies. 😊 Ummm.......can I wash my hands first? And do you have a bar soap? Because I want to make sure that my hands get extremely clean?

Branch: Wow, you and I think so a lot. 😄

Floyd: We sure do. 😊

Branch opened his backpack to pull out a bar soap and a water bottle. He tossed the bar soap to Floyd as Branch poured some water from the water bottle as Floyd washed his hands. Afterwards, they went to the other side of the boulder (which Branch was anxious to do but he did anyways) to find a bunch of leaves piled a bit.

Branch: That's a lot of leaves.

Floyd: Yeah. (Whispers) I want to make sure to save your eyes.

Branch: You did a great job on that. (Clears throat) Here. Take this trowel and put the dirt that you just dug up on top of it.

Floyd did that as he asked to wash his hands again. Afterwards, they walked off, going back to the others. Branch faced a Floyd who let out a small smile at him.

Branch: Feel better?

Floyd: A lot better. (Hugs Branch) Thank you. 😄

Branch smiled and hugged him back. For the first time in a long time, Branch hugged his fourth oldest brother for quite some time. Maybe around 2 minutes or so. Of course he had done a group hug with him and his brothers, but the way of the two of them hugging felt different.

Branch: You're welcome.

Floyd: Oh oh........ 😳

Branch: 'Oh oh'? What's the problem?

Floyd: What happens if I feel like I might need to go again because I feel like I still have to do more, but when I tried, I couldn't so I might need to go soon but I..... 

Branch: Don't worry. If you do have to, we'll take a stop, okay? Health first?

Floyd: (Nods) Health first.

The two brothers did a fist bump together, hugging each other again. Floyd thanked him for understanding. They continued to walk as they got back to the others who stood and clapped for Floyd.

Everyone: YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Floyd: Th-Thanks guys. (Blushes and smiles) 😊

Poppy: (Hugs) I KNEW YOU CAN DO IT!!! 😄

Spruce: That's my little bro. (Coos) Oh, this so feels like the time when you were being potty trained at two years old!

Floyd: SPRUCE!!! 😳 (Blushes some more)

Spruce: Awwwww, come here! 😄  (Hugs Floyd) 

Clay: GROUP HUG!!! 😁 (Hugs) 

JD: Awwwww, I like this very much. 🙂

Branch: Me too.

They did a group hug, complimenting Floyd, smiling at one another.

Floyd: So, are we ready to go?

Everyone: YEAH!!!

Floyd: (Shouts out loud) THEN LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Everyone: WHOOO-HOO!!!