Chapter Twenty-Two

Branch raced with his brothers and his girlfriend through Troll Forest till they came towards an opening to where...BANG....the lake was right in front of them. Its dark blue water glimmered and shined near the sun. More trees surrounded around the lake. The light blue sky above them reflected with the water.

He opened his backpack, pulling out the map. On the map, it shown two lakes. Huh? He stopped and analyzed the map. He found the landmark of the cliff, and then the lake. His mind clicked for quite a moment. The lake they were supposed to go to was further behind them. This lake they were at was a sign....they were getting close to getting to Bubbly Falls. In other words....

Branch: We are further ahead than I expected. We might....no, I believe that we will make it to Bubbly Falls by tonight

Clay: WHOO-HOO!!! 😁

Poppy: I KNEW THAT WE WILL MAKE A LOT SOONER!!! 😄

JD: THAT'S AWESOME!!! 😁

Spruce: Yes!!! 😄

Floyd: That's great news to hear. 😊

Clay: So, what are we waiting for? Let's continue to keep walking guys.

They all walked ahead of Branch who just stood there for a bit. He faced the map and back at the lake. He took a deep breath, telling the others to stop.

Branch: Guys....since we are ahead of ourselves...maybe we should....should....take a break.

Everyone: WHAT!?!

JD: But didn't you want us to keep walking?

Branch: True, but let's take a swim break. Let's go have some fun.

Poppy: Are you okay, Branchie? (Feels his forehead)

Branch: I'm fine. I just want us to have fun, and we definitely need to get clean.

Spruce: You don't have to tell me twice. 😆

JD, Floyd, Clay, and Poppy faced each other and agreed.

Clay: Well, then, let's go swimming!!

JD: Yes! I've been waiting for this moment to swim.

JD put down his backpack, opened it, and pulled out five matching blue to yellow speedos. He gave them each to his brothers, including Branch who kept looking at them.

Clay: Yooo, this is going to look great on us.

Spruce: Ooo, my question is if I'm going to fit these.

JD: Come on, let's change into them.

Poppy: I'll change into my bathing suit.

Branch and his brothers went one way while Poppy went in a different direction to change into their swimwear.

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

Once Branch changed into the speedo, he looked at himself from his speedo and back to his feet. When he walked back to the lake, he faced Clay who faced him and smiled, wearing his speedo. Floyd walked towards them and JD came from behind him who wore still wore his usual skiing goggles.

Floyd: It fits me, and what a great idea to match us.

JD: You all look great. You too, Branch.

Branch: Oh.....thanks. 😅

Clay: Wow, this looks nice on me.

JD: I'm glad that you like them—Spruce, come on, we're ready!