Chapter Thirteen

Now we're on our way to the lake after we had lovely pancakes for breakfast and I'm positive that we'll be by the lake before evening! So far, the walk's going amazing, although we've been slowing down for the past two hours straight

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

Clay: Guys....

Everyone stared at Clay who wobbled behind them. Branch let out a deep sigh, slouching.

Branch: Not again!!! NOT LIKE WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY WHEN IT CAME TO SPRUCE!!!

Spruce: What? Nature called me at the wrong time and in the wrong place. (Smiles at Clay)

Clay: (Lets out a weak smile at Spruce)

Poppy: What's the matter, Clay? 

JD: Do we need to stop?

Branch started to get enraged as he made noises, making fists, shaking in anger. Everyone blinked at him. Poppy walked towards her irritated boyfriend.

Poppy: (Hugs Branch from the side) Branch? Branchifur? It's okay.....just relax....

Branch: IF YOU SAY THAT YOU GOT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW...... 😤😤😤😤

Clay: Easy, tiger, it's not that. 🙄 Not yet at the moment. 

Poppy: It's okay, Branch, just take a deep breath.

He took a deep breath, squeezing Poppy's hand.

Branch: Then what is it? 😒

Clay: I'm not up to par right now.

Spruce: Is that a golf joke? Because if it is, then that's not funny. 😒

Clay: I'm being serious. My head's been throbbing a bit...

JD: Oh, no. You probably ate too much syrup. Have you drunk any water? 

Clay: Not really...

Branch: Oh. There's your answer. Thirst. 

Poppy: Here's some water. (Passes a water bottle to him)

Clay: Thanks. (Drinks the water) I think I'm good now.

Branch: (Sighs in relief) Oh good. Let's just keep walking.

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

Thirty minutes passed and Poppy felt a bit queasy for a few minutes, assuming she was thirsty. But the queasiness didn't go away. She faced everyone else. JD leaned onto a tree and held his breath, Clay burped multiple times, Floyd inched forward and clenched onto his stomach, Spruce mentioned being nauseous out of the blue. Poppy herself held onto her head for a bit and Branch moaned, gritting his teeth. Soon, they stopped walking, groaning.