Chapter Three

Everyone: AAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Branch slammed on the brakes.

SCCRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHH!!!!

They were getting closer to the Puffalos ahead of them.

Caterbus: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Branch: (Closes eyes) Please, don't crash, please don't crash...

The Caterbus finally stopped, sighing in relief. Branch opened his eyes. One Puffalo bleated at him, hopping to the left. Ahead, a herd of Puffalo moved up the path.

JD, Spruce, and Poppy: Phew!

Floyd: (Breathes out) Oh thank goodness. 

JD: Wow, that's a lot of them.

Clay: Yeah, maybe a thousand.

Spruce: How are we supposed to get to Bubbly Falls with these bunch of she—I mean Puffalo in the way? CLAY, YOU'VE GOT ME INTO SAYING SHEEP INSTEAD OF PUFFALO!!

Clay: Ha, ha!! 😏 😏

Floyd: Why are they here?

Poppy: Ooohh, man! I forgot...

Branch: What is it?

Poppy: It's Puffalo migration.

Branch & his brothers: PUFFALO WHAT!?!

Poppy: It's when the Puffalos travel to Bubbly Falls every summer in August. They go this way to get there.

Clay: OOOOHHH!! No wonder we kept seeing them today.

Branch: UUGGGHH!! POPPY, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT BEFORE WE LEFT!?!

Poppy: (coos) I'm so sorry, Branchifur. I forgot. 🥺🥺

Branch groaned and laid his head on the steering wheel.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP!!!

Floyd: You scared them! 🥺

Branch: (Lifts head up) What?

Startled, three Puffalos moved out of their way. An idea came into Branch's mind. He honked the horn as a few more Puffalos moved. He continued doing this as they started to move forward at a slow pace. After two minutes of honking, the Puffalos didn't seem to pay any attention to the honking noise as they kept moving forward.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP....

Everyone covered their ears. The Puffalo kept moving forward, still ignoring the honking noise.

Poppy: BRANCH! THAT'S ENOUGH WITH THE HONKING THE HORN!

Branch: WHAT!?!

Clay: (Moves Branch's hand away from the steering wheel) THAT'S ENOUGH!!

Branch: WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Clay: I don't know, just messing with you that time. Hehehe! 😆😆😆

JD: (Paces back and forth) Hey....I've got an idea. What if we go back—

Clay, Spruce, Floyd, Poppy and Branch: GO BACK!?! 🤯🤯🤯

Branch: NO!! THAT'S AN HOUR WASTED OF TIME AND ALSO ENERGY USED FOR THE CATERBUS!!!

JD: Yes, but listen. I could grab my vehicle, my baby (rolls tongue) Rhonda....and we could travel faster with my "hustle" button and we could get to Bubbly Falls in no time.

Poppy: That's a great idea!

Everyone nodded in agreement, except for Branch who folded his arms.

Branch: No way! Does anyone else have any other options?

Poppy: How about we hike there instead?

Branch: Hike?? 🤨

Clay: Ooh, hiking sounds fun.

Spruce: (Slouches) Hiking? Do we have to? 😩😩😩

Floyd: Oh...okay. 😬😅

JD: Ooh, even better. A BroZone and Girl BACKPACKING TRIP!!! 😁

Clay, Floyd, and Spruce: Oooooooooooooo!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Poppy: (Squeals and her eyes twinkles) Ah, yes!! PERFECT!!! 😍😍😍

Branch: But would it take us four to five days to get there?

Everyone: 😒😒😒

JD: Look, Bitty B, (Puts right hand onto Branch's shoulder) I bet we can make it in three days.

Branch: We can't. That's impossible.

Spruce: Oh, don't think that way, Bitty B.

Poppy: Come on, Branch, we can do this!

Branch: I'm just saying. And it's already 2:26 pm.

Poppy: That doesn't matter. If we stay positive and keep walking, I bet we can do this! Please, Branch. Do it for your brothers...do it for you...also, for me, Branchie? (Kisses Branch on the cheek)

BroZone Older Brothers: OoooOooOoOoOooooo!!

Branch: 🥰🥰  (Blushes while smiling) Alright....alright...I guess we can do this? 🥰🥰

Spruce: Alright! 😄

Poppy: Yaaay!! (Hugs and nuzzles Branch)

Branch: (Nuzzles Poppy, hugging her back)

Clay: Okay, you two love birds, what are we waiting for? Let's go! Come on, guys!

Everyone grabbed their backpacks and made their way out of the Caterbus, squeezed past the Puffalos that were in their way and ended on the other side of Troll Forest. Branch pulled out a map out from his hair.

Branch: Here's the plan: If we're going to make it to Bubbly Falls in three days, this means we'll have to walk nonstop to this red boulder right here (points at the boulder on the map).

JD: We'll try.

Branch: Try? Ha! Oh, we will. As long as we have no detours, and no bathroom breaks.

Everyone: WHAT!?!

Floyd: Wait, what? 😬😬😬😬

Spruce: I HAD TWO CUPS OF ICED TEA!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

JD: Shoot. I had coffee this morning.

Clay: Same!

Poppy: (To Branch) Are you sure about this plan? Because you and I had chai tea earlier, and I have t—

Branch: (Holds Poppy's hand) Don't worry, we'll be fine. If we want to make it in two days, then that's what we're going to do. Remember, we need to at least get to this red boulder, so it will give us time to walk tomorrow morning all the way to Bubbly Falls. Who knows...we might get there by tomorrow. Any more questions? 

Everyone: ......

Branch: No? Good. Let's go.

JD: Alright, you heard Bitty B, let's-a go hiking.

Spruce: Mmmmmmmm.....