the cliff

everyone was having fun, that was until stacy and lydia came and it got awkward.

"umm.." andy says and he looks at kym and she shrugs.

almost everybody knew stacy liked andy, except andy.

"did you hear about the girl that jumped off the cliff and broke all her bones?" one kid says and i roll my eyes.

"that's just a stupid rumor" i say and they keep talking about it.

"scarlett you should jump." one kid says and i shrug.

"um- no- that's dangerous scarlett." lydia says and i roll my eyes and stacy bumps her and gives her a look.

"okay. i'll jump." i shrug, i take off my shirt and have a bikini top under since i was in my pool.

everybody whispers as i walk closer to the edge, i feel somebodies hand on my shoulder.

i turn my head it's andy, "you don't have to do this." he whispers into my ear.

"it's badass." i say and i give him a dirty look.

"fine, i'll jump with you." he says and he grabs my hand.

"don't-" i say and i roll my eyes.

"whatever." i mumble and everybody comes closer to the edge and me and andy jump down.

i close my eyes and then i feel a big crash of water, my head goes under and because of the current it's hard to stay up but i do.

everybody goes to the edge and starts cheering.

i watch as stacy and lydia argue.

i feel someone pull me up to the surface of the water and it's andy with his hair wet, water dripping from the tips of his curly hair and his face dripping.

i cough a little and smile and laugh.

he smiles at me and laughs a bit as we swim to the sore.

his clothes are dripping and so are mine, "um do you need spare clothes?" i ask and he shakes his head no.

"nah it's fine that was badass." he says and he shrugs.

i roll my eyes, "k this still doesn't mean we are friends." i say and i throw my shoulder into his chest and walk back up.

i watch as he rolls his eyes and scoffs as he follows me up.

my chest starts beating fast and i feel butterflies fill my stomach.

i walk up and trip on a rock, i fall on my hands and get cuts all over my hands and andy puts his hands round my waist.

"are you okay?" he asks as his wet hands are dripping water on my back.

"ew your hands are cold get off me!" i say pushing him off and standing up.

"why are you such a stuck up bitch! what did i ever do to you!" andy says angrily and i turn around and give him a dirty look.

"listen andy, i'm not going to be one of the girls that are unconditionally and irrevocably in love with you. because guess what? you break up with a girl after a week after making out with them and you break their heart as they watch you do the same to another girl again and again." i say angrily and andy looks at me confused.

"i don't- i don't do that!" he says defending himself, "i'm not going to fall in love with someone just to get my heart shattered the next week." i say and i start walking up.

"i'm not going to do that to you!" he yells following me up.

"why because i'm popular and it would ruin your perfect reputation?" i ask and he stutters.

"w-what?" he stutters and i feel tears filling up in my eyes.

i turn around.

"6th grade andy fucking 6th grade! you gave me the happiest 2 weeks and then you broke up with me for some other bitch! and it hurt andy it hurt so bad." i yell at him holding the tears in and he scoffs.

"that's was a year ago." he says and i slap him across the face.

"your such a self involved asshole!" i scream and he gasps as he touches the place i slapped him.

"what the fuck." he mumbles and i start crying.

"you can't just act like your not a terrible person!" i snap at him and his eyes widen as he sees the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"i-i'm sorry." he mumbles and i hear a bunch of people behind us.

"fuck you." i say and i storm past everyone and start walking home.

my shoes are wet, my clothes are wet, and my shirt is still at the cliff.

i sigh and start walking back to the cliff and i see stacy with my shirt in her hand and she sees me and hands it to me.

"thank you stacy." i say and she nods her head, "what happened with you and andy-?" she asks and sigh.

"just a fight-" i say and she interrupts me.

"did you guys break up?" she asks and i start walking and she walks beside me.

"uh we were never together where did you hear that?" i ask and she gives me a confused look.

"someone said you and him go inside the closet all the time and you guys are together but constantly break up and stuff." she says and i start laughing.

"oh my gosh! no way that would ever happen, that's actually hilarious." i say and she smiles.

"when you left everybody was asking him what happened and he just ignored them" stacy says and i frown.

"well it's whatever he's lame anyways, we don't even look like a couple" i say and roll my eyes.

"well.. when you guys were on the cliff today you did." she says and shrugs and i get confused.

"uh what do you mean?" i ask and she shrugs, "i don't know he just looks like he cares about you, he jumped down with you, helped you out of the water and stuff but don't ask me." she says and i nod my head and see my dads truck pull up by me.

"scarlett get in now." he says angrily.

"bye stacy!" i say and she smiles and my dad looks at her in disbelief.

"haven't seen you in forever! how's your dad doing?" my dad asks and stacy smiles.

"he's doing.. good." she says and my dad looks at me.

"you need a ride home?" he asks and i look at stacy.

"no i live just right up here." she says and my dad nods his head.

"thank you though!" she says and my dad waves and drives away.

"your off the hook." my dad says and i smile, "what why?" i ask and he rolls his eyes.

"cause you were with stacy?" he says and i nod my head.

"yeah yeah just stacy" i say and i zone out thinking about what happened today with andy.

"hey hey tomato face what you thinking about" my dad asks as he taps my shoulder and i shake my head.

"my face is NOT a to-" i say and then i look in the mirror.

it is.

it's red..

just by thinking about andy.