Chapter 18 : "Embracing Destiny - Part 1"

As the radiant presence of Suryadev gradually faded from view, leaving the grand assembly with a profound sense of wonder and purpose, Bhishma seized the moment to fulfill the next step in embracing Karna into their family

As the radiant presence of Suryadev gradually faded from view, leaving the grand assembly with a profound sense of wonder and purpose, Bhishma seized the moment to fulfill the next step in embracing Karna into their family. With a smile that mirrored the newfound unity and joy in the room, Bhishma turned to Vidur and issued a command. "Vidur," he said, his voice echoing with the weight of responsibility and tradition, "please go and fetch Kripacharya."

Without delay, Vidur, nodded in acknowledgment and made his way towards the door.

Once Kripacharya arrived, his presence exuding wisdom and serenity, Bhishma and Satyavati shared a glance that conveyed their shared determination. Bhishma addressed the assembly, his voice filled with purpose. "My dear family," he began, "the time has come for us to officially and wholeheartedly embrace Karna as one of our own. He has been accepted into our hearts. It is now our duty to make this bond official."

Satyavati, the wise Rajmata, nodded in agreement. "Indeed, Bhishma speaks the truth. Karna's presence has already brought light to our lives, and it is only fitting that we proceed with the formal adoption."

Vidur, known for his wisdom and insight, respectfully raised his concern, his voice filled with curiosity and respect. "Tatshree," he began, "I deeply respect your decision, but I find myself pondering this matter. With Suryadev's blessing to Gandhari Bhabhishree, it is unmistakably clear that Karna is her son in every sense. Then why is it necessary to hold an adoption ceremony for Karna?"

Bhishma, his expression thoughtful yet resolute, met Vidur's gaze before responding. "Vidur, your question is valid, and I appreciate your wisdom. While Suryadev's blessing unquestionably binds Karna as Gandhari's son, we must consider the world beyond our family's walls. In our ever-changing world, misunderstandings can arise, and there may come a time when Karna's status is questioned by others. By conducting this adoption ceremony, we not only honor the divine connection but also solidify Karna's place in our hearts and in the eyes of the world. It's a symbolic gesture to ensure there are no doubts or disputes about Karna's rightful place in our family, a gesture of love and unity that transcends any potential misconceptions."

Bhishma addresses everyone in attendance, "I would also suggest that we do not reveal the details of Karna's adoption beyond our family. To the world outside, let it be known that a sacred yagna is being performed by Dhritarashtra and Gandhari. Karna shall be celebrated as the blessed child of Suryadev, bestowed upon them as a divine gift during this auspicious ritual."

The assembled royals exchanged approving glances.

The grand assembly eagerly awaited Kripacharya, the respected guru of the Kuru dynasty, who took a moment and calmly stated, "Rajmata, tomorrow is the most auspicious day for Karna's formal adoption."

The excitement and anticipation of officially welcoming Karna into their family intensified.

However, Gandhari, the loving mother who had embraced Karna as her own, spoke up once more, her smile radiant. "Before we proceed, there is one more matter I wish to address."