Chapter 22: "Echoes of destiny : The first glimpse of the future???"

---------------------------------------------------------

As the royal family awaited the arrival of Pandu and Vidur, tension lingered in the air, Bhishma's stoic demeanor betrayed no hint of the underlying unease as Satyavati inquired about the whereabouts of the missing princes.

"Putra, where is Pandu and Vidur?" Satyavati's voice carried a note of concern, prompting Bhishma to respond with measured composure.

"Pandu took Vidur, stating he needed assistance with something. They should be here soon, Mata," Bhishma reassured, though a flicker of apprehension crossed his eyes.

Ambika and Ambalika exchanged glances, silently deliberating whether to wait or proceed without them. Ambika voiced her uncertainty, "Should we wait for them, or should we proceed?"

Ambalika nodded in agreement, "We can all go together. Let's wait for them."

The decision made, the royal family settled into an uneasy silence, their anticipation tempered by the absence of Pandu and Vidur.

Just then, the tension was shattered by the sound of hurried footsteps echoing through the corridor. All heads turned as Pandu and Vidur finally made their entrance, accompanied by the joyful exclamation of a familiar voice.

"Chote Pitashree!!...... Kakashree!!...." Aditya's delighted cry rang out as he raced towards them, his face alight with excitement and happiness.

Pandu's features softened into a genuine smile at the sight of his beloved nephew, his arms opening wide to receive the eager embrace. "You look very happy today, Aditya. What happened?" he inquired, curiosity twinkling in his eyes.

Aditya's eyes sparkled with excitement as he shared the news, his voice filled with boundless enthusiasm. "Pitamah said Pitashree will be king!" he exclaimed, his words carrying the weight of profound significance.

Pandu and Vidur exchanged a knowing glance, their silent communication speaking volumes. Despite their differing opinions on the matter, they shared a mutual understanding in this moment, united by their love for Aditya.

Pandu gently lifted Aditya into his arms, his heart swelling with pride and affection. "Yes, Putra, Jyesth will be king, and you, my little prince, will be a king after your Pitashree," he affirmed, his voice laced with warmth and reassurance.

Turning to Vidur, Pandu sought confirmation, "Right, Vidur?"

"Of course, Putra. You will be king one day," Vidur affirmed, his words carrying a quiet resolve and unwavering support. His words, though filled with warmth, betrayed a hint of conflict, a silent dissent against the notion of Dritharastra, his elder brother, ascending the throne due to his blindness.

Pandu's disappointment lingered, a fleeting shadow in his eyes as he processed Vidur's response. He knew that their disagreement ran deeper than mere words, but for now, he chose to focus on Aditya's joy and innocence, shielding him from the complexities of their adult world.