Vanished-poof

A boy and his friend were driving down a deserted country road on their way to a party. He saw a young girl on the roadside with her thumb out. The boys stopped to ask her if she would like a trip. She asked them if they would take her home but they told her they were going to the dance.

They asked the girl if she would also like to come and she accepted their invitation. So they all sat in the car and she sat in the back seat. It was a very cold night and he borrowed one of their overcoats.

They danced the whole night and when it got late, she asked him to take her home. So they drove to her house and stopped and let her out. Suddenly a boy remembered that he had forgotten to ask him for his overcoat. His friend said, "Wait till tomorrow. Wellcome back".

Next morning the boys came back in search of the girl. They found his mother, a very old woman, at home. He said that the girl was his daughter, but she had been dead for 12 years. She was killed in a car accident on the same corner. The old lady pointed to a cemetery down the road.

The boys did not believe him and went to the cemetery and looked around. Then he saw an overcoat draped over a gravestone. The girl's name and the date of her death, exactly 12 years ago, were engraved on the tombstone.