Family paintings

A long time ago, a man went to the forest for hunting. As night fell, he found himself in an unfamiliar part of the forest. He walked and walked, but did not find his way home. Wandering aimlessly in the darkness, he finally reached a small clearing where an old, dilapidated cabin stood. Tired, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night.

When he came closer to the cabin he saw that the door was slightly open. Nodding inside he saw that the little cabin was completely empty, but there was a bed and a fire burning in the fireplace. The hunter threw himself on the bed and decided to sleep there for the night. If the owner came back, he would ask for his permission in the morning.

Lying on the bed, half asleep, he looked around and was surprised to see that the walls were covered with paintings. They appeared to be family portraits, all framed and painted in incredible detail. They looked very lifelike and, without exception, each family portrait was uglier than the next. The disgusting faces in the pictures made him incredibly uncomfortable. The way they were portrayed it seemed as if the eyes were looking straight at him. It was incredibly disturbing.

He decided that the only way to get his sleep was to ignore the terrifying faces staring back at him. So he turned facing the wall, pulled the blanket over his head and slept.

When the hunter woke up in the morning, he found the cabin bathed in sunlight. When he looked up, he found that there were no family pictures on the walls of the cabin, only windows.