☆Chapter Forty Three☆

"Gosh, why are those two always together it's like we don't even exist." Sunghoon whispered to Jay, who was lying down on his back, scrolling through his phone in the practice room.

"Don't know." Jay shrugged as he glanced over at that due for a split second. "Why do you care so much?"

"I don't." Sunghoon denied. "But what if their dating and they haven't told us." Sunghoon suggested the idea.

"I don't blame them for not wanting to tell us." Jay snickered. "But seriously, it's not any of our business."

"Are you not the tiniest bit curious?" Sunghoon asked.

"No." Jay responded.

"Well, I am, so I'm going to find out." Sunghoon huffed.

"You stupid boy." Jay mumbled under his breath as Sunghoon walked away.

The door opened and revealed their dance instructor, and they all scrambled into their places. "At least you guys are ready this time." He commented. "We'll pick up where we left off and complete the choreo."

Sunghoon was barely paying attention as he was too focused on Haerin and Ni-ki, who were passing glances to each other. "Park Sunghoon!" Their teacher shouted. "You're supposed to go the other way. Look where you are now!"

Sunghoon looked behind himself he was standing in front of Sunoo he looked to the left. There was an empty space that's where he was supposed to stand.

"Sorry." Sunghoon apologised.

The teacher gave him a nod. "We're going to start from the beginning." He announced. "Sunghoon, pay attention."

"I will." He mumbled as they got back into their starting position.

"Didn't I tell you to mind your own business." Jay whispered to Sunghoon quietly.

"Just shut up." Sunghoon whispered back as he rolled his eyes.

From that point onward, practice ran smoothly. Sunghoon minded his own business and was able to dance without any distractions.

Immediately when practice was over, Haerin and Ni-ki started to talk to each other, which started to raise Sunghoon's suspicions even more. Sunghoon just needed away to get either alone so he could ask questions.

The door opened, and everyone turned towards the door. It was a female staff member with dark brown hair, which fell just past her shoulders. Her eyes scanned around the room. "Haerin, can you come with me please?" She asked.

Haerin got up from her seat and walked towards the door. "What do you need me for?"

"I was told not to tell you. But don't worry, it's not nothing bad." She told Haerin.

The two females left, which was Sunghoon's chance as Ni-ki was now alone. Sunghoon skipped over to the teen who was scrolling away on his phone.

"Hey, what are you doing." Sunghoon asked as he sat down.

"Playing a game." He responded, not looking up from his phone.

"Oh, come on, talk to me. We haven't talked in a little while." Sunghoon put his arm around Ni-ki's shoulder.

"We talked yesterday, don't you remember?" Ni-ki reminded him, putting his phone into his pocket.

"Oh yeah, we did! But that was yesterday." He said. "Is their anything you want to tell your favourite hyung."

"No, not necessarily." Ni-ki shook his head. "Have you heard something?"

"Nope." Sunghoon denied. "Well, have a good day." Sunghoon got up and immediately walked over to Jay. "Ni-ki asked if I heard something." Sunghoon whispered into Jay's ear.

"None of my business." Jay told Sunghoon, walking away.

Meanwhile, while Sunghoon was stiring up nonsense in the practice room, Haerin walked silently down the corridor. Even though the lady who came to get said it was nothing bad, she could only fear the worst.

"We're here. You can go in." The lady told Haerin.

"Thank you." Haerin smiled at the staff member before walking into the room.

When she walked into the room, she was  met with three faces, two familiar, one not. Mr. Bang Pd, Chris, and a lady whom she had not seen around the company whatsoever in her almost four years of being there.

"Please sit down, Haerin." Mr. Bang told her. Haerin sat a couple of seats away from the three. "You can sit closer. We don't bite." He laughed. Haerin laughed awkwardly as she sat closer to them. Now, there was only one space between her and the mysterious woman.

"So you must be wondering why i called you here." Mr. Bang started. "Meet Yuwon. Yuwon will be your second manager, and she'll be managing your solo activities." He added. "She'll basically be doing the job Karina did as she will also attend your group schedule."

"Sorry, but what do you mean by solo activities?" Haerin questioned.

"Ah, yes, I was getting to that." Mr. Bang said. "I had a listen to the demos that you and Chris made, and I would really like to see more from you. You were also training to be a soloist before you joined Enhypen, so i would really like to see where this could go."

"I watched some of your old training videos. You have greatly improved in your skills. Debuting in a group has helped you massively. After promotions end for the group comeback, we'll get started right away. I believe you're ready. So what do you say Haerin, are you up for the task?"

All three pairs of eyes were on Haerin as she sat and thought. But I mean, there were only two options. So which would she pick? "Yes, I'll take this opportunity." Haerin responded. "Thank you."

"No problem." Mr. Bang told her. "Run along. I'm pretty sure your members are waiting for you."

Haerin got up from her seat and bowed at each person in the room. She walked out of the room, and immediately, she started jumping up and down while silently screaming.

Somebody noticed Haerin's extreme boost of energy when they walked into the corridor. "What's got you excited?" Eunchae, one of Haerins' friends, asked.

"Girly guess what?" Haerin smiled brightly at the younger girl.

"What is? Come on, tell me!" Eunchae started shaking Haerin.

"I'm going to debut solo." Haerin told Eunchae the news.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" Eunchae gasped. The two girls started to squeal and jump up and down, holding hands in the hallway. "I'm so happy for you!" She hugged Haerin tightly.

"Thank you!" Haerin said as they rocked back and forth in the hug.

"I've got to go, the other Haerin's waiting for me." Eunchae said.

"Yeah, my members are probably waiting for me too." Haerin added.

"See ya!" The two girls said at the same. They high fived each other before parting ways.