Chapter 3

Chapter 3

'I can't believe I can see the options...'

It was strange.

For some reason, Seol was able to see the options available to him.

It was almost like it was hinting him toward the correct solution.

Seol was someone who memorized even the useless parts of the rulebook as if he had an exam on it.

So he obviously had already memorized all of the options to clear the tutorial so that his pieces that started off weak could survive until later in the game.

But because what he memorized was the trial version and not the official version, there were chances it was different.

However, those doubts disappeared once he saw his options.

'I don't know why I can see this, but it's a relief... I was worried about what I'd do if the options changed to something else..'

The options he saw in front of him were the exact same as they were in the trial version.

Creak.

Click.

After he pulled the right lever,

Creak.

Click.

He pulled on the left lever.

Rumble Rumble Rumble.

The Forgotten Moon Ruin, an Adventure notorious for having harsh traps, revealed itself.

- How did he know? He even disarmed the arrow trap first too;

- I thought he was a newbie! A newbie!

'Can everyone see the options?'

Whether that was the case or not, it was clear that this was going to be a huge help to him.

Because when it came to picking the correct answer out of various options, Seol was the best at it.

[[You see the 1st Gate. What do you do?]

1. Step on the First Tile.

2. Step on the Second Tile.

3. Step on the Third Tile.

4. ...

...

9. Step on the Ninth Tile.]

But it wasn't like the hints were absolute. In situations like this, where there were many options to choose from, it was hard to be confident in his memories.

- I smell a noob... It smells like noob here...

- All of the other humans are getting fucked here LOL

'For the 1st Gate... all you had to do was step on the tiles in the correct order, right?'

It was true. All you had to do was step on the tiles in the correct order.

But if you stepped on the wrong tile, a trap would activate.

It was very simple.

'It's set up so that you'd be forced to take damage to learn the order at the start.'

But losing HP in a game is much different from spilling blood in real life.

'This is why it was disadvantageous for casters.'

When characters who didn't invest in dexterity triggered traps, they would often have to pay the price with their bodies.

If an arrow flew at them, they'd have to tank it with their bodies. If poison spewed out at them, they'd have to just accept that they'd be poisoned.