Betrayal ~ Two Days Before The Flood

Queen Coral swam peacefully through the water. Sure, she was getting old, but her queenly duties were never finished. Especially in the day time, when her daughters and multiple sons kept BOTHERING HER. She growled and flicked her tail to swim upwards and find a current through the water. A small fish swam against her for a second, noticed her, and then got immediately eaten after.

She licked her lips with content and followed onward, exhausted. Her time in the Deep Palace was extremely busy yet boring, small servants asking for the same flipping thing over and over and over and over and over and over and- something interrupted her thoughts and slammed into her. Coral roared with fury as she tried to twist around to see it was who was attacking her, but it was well planned. It seemed to be nobody, since all around her was black, but someone had managed to get themselves attached to her and quickly killing her. They stabbed her gills will something sharp, and it kept going until she gurgled up blood it touched her throat. She roared again and slammed her tail into her attacker, but they only grunted. She flared her wings with pain and screamed when they tore the spear from her neck and let her blood fill the space around them, creating a red haze. She looked around in horror for a moment and blinked. Whoever it was tried to kill her! And it was well thought through, too, as if they had been plotting this for so long.

She roared again and swam out of the haze, just when she was able to see a narwhal spear slash straight to her heart, and she screamed with agony as it pulled out and slashed into her again. She tried to swim away, but she was loosing to much blood! Coral screamed and tried to fight of any attack, but she was dying. The narwhal spear came from out of her and stabbed straight through her skull and into brain, cutting off any signals or anything for her to do. She threw up blood as she sunk down into the ocean.

She looked up in horror as the she pulled down her hood. She smirked down and lit up her stripes along her wings and side.
You have reigned for long, Coral, but now, a new heir will sit on your throne. Your daughters will die along with you stupid body. Goodbye, your lowly, she smirked. It was Moray, her favorite niece, her only niece. Her most faithful and trustworthy citizen, now floating through the water and smirking down at her with blood shot eyes. She waved a talon at her as Coral's vision became blurred with death, and she sunk to the bottom of the sand, lifeless. Lifeless because of the pain of betrayal.

Moray swam through the water, quite proud with her murder. She was tired of living behind the queen's naive lies. She was tired of being left in the shadows, just a second choice for everyone. She wanted to be known by everyone, so obviously she would need to kill off ever heir to the throne.

Auklet would be easy, always putting her guard down since she believed her mother would take care of her. Not anymore, Moray sulked. Anemone would be a harder suspect. Sure, the princess had some tricks up her scales, all though Moray would have to figure it out to kill her. Tsunami was another thought though, she fought hard and she was always so. . . Fast and strong. She'd be the hardest to kill, especially with those outer-tribe friends. And her Talons of Peace husband and those three dragonets of hers.

Dragonets! Moray smacked her face and beat her wing to swim harder. She has a daughter, Sea-something. And she is at school, both of them, with a whole bunch of Seawings to remember this! She growled a fit of bubbles. She could almost see the Deep Palace in the distance, and soon the whole place will reek havoc.

Moray, said a guard patrolling the outskirts. What are you doing here? When did you come out here? He lashed his tail and stared down his green snout to glare at her.
I was only searching for food, but instead I saw the queen sinking in the deep and she was dead! Slashed apart some how. I saw a narwhal spear slashed into her heart, too! He stared at her with fear and shock, turned around, and beckoned her to follow him. Yes, swim toward the place where chaps will erupt and soon you'll be dead along with her broken body.

Two hours later, Queen Coral was laying in the middle of the Deep Palace, every Seawing paying their respects to their queen. Auklet was balling into her older sister's arm, and Anemone was silently crying and looking angry at the same time. Her tail lashed dangerously and she flashed some of her luminescent scales.
This was never supposed to happen. We will stand vigil around her for two days. In the meantime, I am sending a flood to go throughout Pyrrhia just like it did the beginning of her reign. Find whoever killed her and we will kill them ourselves.  Anemone roared a fight of bubbles and the dragons bowed their heads to their new queen. Not for long, though.