Surprise!*

HEAVILY EDITED you gotta admit this ones a lot better

I'd just like to apologize to y'all for how bad this actually was. I feel like Grammarly hates me because there are so many typos that I didn't catch in the full four months of having this published. Love y'all. Also when I edit a paragraph do all the comments disappear????? if so I'm sad because I love to read yalls hilarious comments!! I just realized I said y'all like 4 times mb-

also, why does contortionist by Melanie hit so well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N, kiddo, It's almost time to head out." Your father softly knocked on your door and walked down the stairs after you grunted in response. 

"I'll be down in a minute!" You called back. You and your father were going to visit your mother's grave. It had been 10 years since her death. She died of leukemia when you were merely 7. You had many memories of her and he soft voice. It had destroyed your father, but he pushed through it, for you.

You picked up the daises you bought from Costco the night before and adjusted your outfit in the mirror. Nothing much, just gray sweats and a(n) F/C crop top.

As you walked out of your door, a putrid smell of iron flooded your nostrils and you gagged.

"What the frack is that smell, Dad?"

No answer.

You continued down the stairs.

The daises fell limp on the floor as your hands covered your mouth in shock. 

In front of you was a horribly messed up dead body with the remains openly displayed. Your dad was almost unrecognizable. His arms were lain in an unnatural position like he got stuck that way. His mouth and eyes hung open as if he was still in the stage of shock.

Hopefully, it was a prank. Please be a prank, this must be a prank. Ain't no way your dad was just dead like this. It isn't a damn fairytale.

You slowly approached him, flinching at any noise like a chirping bird, creaking wood, and even your own staggered breaths. You gently laid the back of your hand on his forehead and it was ice cold. You drew your hand back fast as you sat criss-cross next to him, holding his limp hand.

"I'm so so sorry." What did you do to deserve this?

Now you knew these next 6 months weren't going to be fun. Lots of contemplating your life choices for sure.

The silence was drowning, fully consuming you with hopelessness and leaving an empty void in the pit of your stomach. "What the hell am I doing... Shouldn't I call the cops?" You voiced out loud.

Even if you wouldn't call 911 you didn't have anyone else to call because you're naturally introverted. Around the right people, though, you're like a whole different person. Sure, your dad knew people and had connections but ya didn't wanna get mixed up in that either.

You shakily dialed the 3 simple numbers, which should've taken you less than 5 seconds, but it almost took you a full 30 seconds with your vast inability to think at the moment. A woman with a heavy southern accent answered the phone, You could hear the faint sound of clacking keyboards like a rhythm.

"Nine-one-one, what's th' emergency?"

"I just walked out and my dad was dead on the floor."

"Oh, sweetie! Name, DOB, and address please!"

"Y/N, 00/00/0000, yourmom'shouse drive." Your voice sounded surprisingly collected.

Time skip!