II

"Tell me where your phone is," the man asked her, the tone being gruff, holding a warning that she better not overlook, "Hm?"

As he arched a brow up at her, signaling her to defy him and see the consequences, Delilah's heart was going crazy by the passing moment. She was pushed into a dangerous condition, she feared she might make a mistake that led the gangsters to her father and it would be worse than what was happening with her.

Her thoughts were pushed towards her father and she knew if she decided to call her father, they'd force her to have a conversation with her father at the gunpoint. Though she wanted to save her father, she had no other way than to listen to the goons.

"Girl, are you sleeping with your eyes open?" The man's sarcastic comment brought her out of deep thoughts in which she was immersed.

She resisted to roll her eyes, knowing very well that the short-tempered men would not be able to handle that look on her face.

"No," the reply was quiet.

"Your phone," he repeated, trying to be decent with her because he saw she was pretty and it earned her a plus point in his eyes. However, his cruelty couldn't be oppressed by his heart's desire, that's why his patience was running thin.

Her jaw clenched as she glared at the floor, being as stubborn as the man somehow expected. She couldn't believe, after what they did to her, they were even expecting her to disclose everything to them. She couldn't believe they could be fooler than this.

But once again an interruption was there to break her stubbornness when the man put the nozzle of the gun on her temple, grumbling, "Speak."

Her eyes widened at the cold touch against her warm skin. She felt a drop of sweat trailing down her skin along the metal and her breath came out shuddering.

"F-First remove th-that g-gun!" She requested, her fists clenching tightly.

The man listened to her. He calmly pulled back the weapon, letting her sigh in relief. She couldn't grasp how he made such a civilized decision but said nothing or she knew he would step ahead for worse.

Taking a deep breath, she looked up at the man. "I don't believe you!" She said as she took another breath to calm her crazily beating heart but it was of no use.

The man frowned as he looked back at the girl. Somewhere his mind warned him about her tactic to play with him but he remained silent, willing to watch how far she was going to stretch this moment to buy some time which he considered stupidity.

Delilah nodded to his disappointment. "How can I be sure that you know my father?" She was testing her luck and buying time as well to plan something better and the man could see that. "I know that to loot, goons like you collect data of random people and rob them."

No wonder why she impressed him.

How she accused him and the reason she brought up indeed could be useful but only if she knew who they were. They were not some mere goons as she called them but worked for some darker authority that she was not even aware of.

As far as the man could see in her, he knew she couldn't even imagine what they were and for whom they worked.

But this wasn't the time to praise her for that.

He pinched the bridge of his nose as his eyes fell shut. Maybe she annoyed him up to the brink. While Delilah watched him confusedly, he stepped back while shaking his head, and the next he said, he had her seized in terror;

"I don't think this girl wants a normal conversation. Carlos, you handle her."

That was enough to add more fear to her. Her eyes immediately flew to the murderous man who gripped her hair in rage and made her cry in agony. He was asked to handle her and she didn't want that.