VII

A sharp twinge troubled her mind as if a bolt of lightning had shone across the sky. Her eyelids felt heavy and her eyes burned behind the warm lids. Her eyeballs moved against the dark veil and she found difficulty in opening her eyes. However, she could feel the calmness of the atmosphere.

She groaned, trying to move and touch her face. Her arm glided under the soft cover, reaching her face as she gently touched her eyelids. She caressed her forehead and slowly tried to blink open her eyes.

It felt sticky. She didn't know if she cried even while sleeping but she could feel the dampness on her cheeks.

A sigh escaped her lips; a sigh full of pain that dominated her body. Her head was throbbing and she knew if she dared to get up, she'd fall back out of weakness and her head felt too heavy.

She swallowed, adjusting her sight. A frown was crowned on her face out of frustration and distress of pain in her head.

The room caged within itself the warmth and light of nature, letting her know that it was afternoon. The sun outside the room was bright and the glow was reaching through a small window. Curtains hung through it, swaying back by the hot air.

The room was also small. Fashioned in vintage touch. Pillars were stuck to the corners of the bed on which she was sleeping until now. White linen curtains hung through the borders. A white thin sheet covered her. The walls were painted light yellow and the windows on one single wall were open, letting the sun rays enter the room to warm it up.

She wondered where she was and slowly, memories of last night began to flood her mind.

Goons, escape, Salazars, and finally, he.

Even after seeing him with her own eyes, she still wondered if he was real because she was tired and could imagine things to save her.

Also, even after they weren't together anymore, she trusted him. He wouldn't do such a thing. In her eyes, he couldn't be involved with such dangerous people. He was a nice person until she found him with another woman.

Then who could it be?

She slowly tried to get up. Her head was threatening her not to. She overheard her body begging and leaned against the headboard with a deep sigh. She pulled up a leg, bending her knee, and wrapped her arms around it.

She carefully looked around and found a table and chairs placed in front of the bed. There was a lamp, put on the table. Beside the bed, there was a nightstand and on it, she found a jug of water and an empty glass.

Was it for her? She could guess her kidnappers put it there for her but she couldn't trust them.

She closed her eyes for a moment and mumbled, "At least, I'm alive and breathing. All my limbs are safe. These reasons are enough to thank you, Jesus."

A tear rolled down her cheek and an image of her father flashed before her closed lids. She was more worried about him because they were after him. She was just a way to him.

Did they catch him?

She swallowed, not wanting it to happen. But a 'what if' troubled her mind and she decided to get down from the bed when she heard a soft rattling of the doorknob turning back and forth.

She was alarmed and quickly grabbed what came under her clutch; the glass.

With wide eyes, she watched the door opening and as soon as the man stepped inside, she wasted no time throwing the glass in his direction.

He groaned when the glass broke against his head and Delilah recognized his face. He was the one who was interrogating her and left her on Carlos' watch; Maddox.