V

The car stopped in front of a luxurious mansion. That was her hideout. Waqas came out and Delilah followed him after. The guards bowed before him in respect and Delilah walked nearer to him, her left foot hurting the most.

As soon as she stepped inside, Waqas led her toward a room upstairs. Delilah examined the place with her eyes, finding it larger than hers and shining as it was made up of white marble and tiles. A chandelier hung in the middle of the white ceiling, spreading a glow. Delilah marveled at the view as they walked through the corridor and finally, he stopped in front of a door.

He clicked it open, saying, "This is your room."

Delilah peered inside, finding it pleasant. The walls were painted beige and the glow inside the room was excellent. The way she favored. She didn't like darkness.

"Thank you," she said. He stepped aside with a nod so she could enter the room.

She walked inside, inhaling the woody fragrance stuck within the walls. Waqas watched her from behind, his gaze stuck on her messy hair as it was twisted into a bun. Tendrils hung through her cheeks and he saw the cuts on her feet. He refused to inspect her further.

"Uh, Waqas," she turned around, expecting him gone but he was at the door to her surprise. She fell speechless for a moment at his silence and the dead look he gave her.

"Need any help?" He asked when he noticed she had no words to continue.

"Yeah," she nodded, "I want to take a shower and the clothes are muddy, you see." She glanced down at her white top which was dirty and her jeans felt comfortless all of a sudden.

He hummed, nodding his head. "I'll ask my sister to help you here."

"Okay."

"Anything else."

"I'm hungry. I haven't had breakfast."

"Come downstairs after the shower."

"Okay."

"Is that all?"

"That's all."

Waqas left and Delilah closed the door. She went to take a shower and it felt refreshing. She also dressed where they put a knife on her. She felt safe in Salazar's mansion and she was glad about it. After she came out, wrapping a towel around herself, she found a girl in her room and the doors closed, to her comfort.

She was on the bed, and she got up, looking at Delilah.

"Hi, I'm sorry to walk inside without your permission but you were in the bathroom and I don't like to wait," she said with a grin that was pulled up on her lips. Her teeth were in full view and the fangs shone brightly, letting Delilah catch a glimpse of real gold on their edges.

She ran her gaze down the girl. She was tall and tanned. Her legs were long and she was wearing a pretty blue sundress that reached her knees. Her eyes were big and Delilah didn't notice the color because never in her life, had she an interested person about others' appearance.

For her, everybody was made beautiful. But there was someone whom she used to admire from the bottom of her heart. However, he didn't deserve it.

"It's okay," said Delilah with a small smile.

The girl blinked cutely. Delilah noticed she was a sunshine girl, unlike Delilah who spoke less but when she spoke, it was fire.

"Well, I brought you dresses. Wear whatever you like and tell me. I'll take back the rest. My brother only told me that you need a dress but I didn't know your taste so..."