X

P A S T   T I M E

. . .

The difference she found now in Nathaniel spoke volumes of what he used to be with her when they were together in a beautiful relationship. How could she forget him so easily?

It wasn't in her hands. When they were together, she devoted herself to their relationship, vowing to always be loyal and loving to him. She learned it that way. Love was everything to her, and still is, but after Nathaniel broke her heart, she considered it a mistake to trust him.

However, she never cursed the day they met each other.

No matter how things went in her life, whether they were right or wrong, in her favor or unfavorable, she never let her tongue say anything wrong about her life. For her, her life was always good because it was in the hands of her Lord. She always praised Him for everything that happened in her life because it led to good only.

She trusted Him.

As written in the verse, For those who love God all things work together for good, become alive to her.

It was when she met him. In a museum.

She was on a trip with her mates. Her professors accompanied them. She was standing among them, gazing at the masterpiece of Michael Angelo. People were mumbling around her, talking about the sculpture named David.

With slightly parted lips, she let her eyes behold the beauty of the statue's face. It was so beautiful.

She knew it wasn't real. Michael Angelo had his own inspiration but that statue possessed a kind of beauty that surpassed every Greek god statue that she ever explored in the museum.

There was something beautiful about the face of David.

If the statue, a human's imagination could be this beautiful, how more beautiful was the creation of David by the Creator of the world, she wondered in her head.

"Is that how he really looked in his youth?" One of the girls asked with her interest piqued by the beauty of the statue as her eyes twinkled in delight.

"Surely not!" Her professor chuckled but Delilah wondered if the sculptor received the inspiration by the Spirit of the Lord. She never knew. She only wondered, listening to more of her mates uttering questions about the statue. Some of them were useless while some were really interesting.

In the midst of all this, she wasn't aware of an intimidating presence that entered the circle and stood beside her.

"Hey, don't look down or you'll be whipped!" One of the guys uttered, making everybody laugh.

The professor shook his head, rolling his eyes. "There are other visitors, too, Omar!" He scolded very lightly, glaring at the boy but he only smiled sheepishly in return.

Delilah slowly smiled, lowering her gaze from the face of David to her mate Omar who stood behind her.

At the same time, struck by the humor of the young man, the enchanting man beside Delilah also tried to steal a glance at Omar when the same time, their gaze collided before they could even reach Omar and everything stopped for Delilah right at that moment.

Her honey eyes were held back by his forest green eyes that shone like emeralds inside the mouth of the earth. Her lips parted at the beauty of his sharp eyes which were as dark and hollow as Hades yet so beautiful, depicting the divinity of being created by the Lord Most High. The mint and blue crypts and furrows of his emerald irises had their own charm like a web of nature, a world under the wide leaves surrounded by the earthy scent. She was lost in his eyes.