CHAPTER 19: HIS VOWS

"Okay. now, ms.Brides maid and mr.Best man can you assist the two to kneel, then lay the viel and the cord on them."

Nakangiting naglagay si Trinity ng dalawang malambot na unan sa harapan namin. Hahawakan na sana nya ang kamay ko ngunit naunahan sya ni Ezekhiel kaya ang gown ko nalang ang pinagtu-unan nya ng ayusin habang maingat na  inaalalayan naman ako ni Ezikhiel sa pagluhod.

Wag kang ganyan, lalo akong nahuhulog!

Nang makaluhod na kami pareho ay naramdaman ko ang tela na maagang ipinatong sa ulo ko.

"Sa lalaki ay hanggang balikat lang para iwas maging under sa kanyang magiging misis" rinig kung hirit ng pari kaya nagtawanan ang mga tao pati na rin ng lalaki sa tabi ko.

Matapos malagay ang tela ay ang cord naman ang sunod na nilagay sa balikat namin. Pagkatapos ay lumapit ito s amin at nagsimula na ang pari na magdasal.

"Lord our God, we ask for Your abundant blessings upon Luna and Ezekheliel as they enter into this sacred union. As the veil is placed upon Luna, may it symbolize the loving protection and unity that Ezekhiel promises to provide her throughout their lives together. Let it remind them both of the sacred commitment they have made to support and care for each other.

Likewise, as the cord is draped over their shoulders, may it signify the everlasting bond and unity they share, intertwined in love and faithfulness. May this cord remind them that in marriage, they are stronger together, united in heart and soul.

Grant them the grace to always see each other with eyes of love and compassion, to nurture their relationship with patience and understanding. Guide them, O Lord, in times of joy and in moments of challenge, that they may turn to You and to each other for strength.

May the love and commitment they've expressed today deepen with each passing day. Bless their union with Your peace, joy, and unwavering love. May their home be a haven of happiness and their hearts always filled with gratitude.

Luna and Ezekhiel, embrace the symbols you've received today with reverence and cherish the commitment you've made before God and this community. Support each other, lift each other up, and let your love be a shining example for all. Remember, in your union, God's grace abounds.............. May the Lord bless you and keep you, now and forevermore. Amen."

"Amen" the crowd.

"You may now remove the veil and the cord"

********

Magkaharap na kaming nakatayo ngayon, ramdam ko ang titig nya sa akin pero hindi ko kayang  salubongin ang ganoong uri ng pagtitig nya. 

I feel uncomfortable!

"You have come together in the house of the church so that in the presence of the ministers and the community that your intention to enter into marriage will be strengthened  by the lord. Christ abundantly blesses the love that binds you through special sacraments He enriches and strengthens those who have already considered by holy Baptism that they may be faithful to each other forever, and assume the responsibilities of married life and so in  the presence of the church I ask you to state your intentions" 

He eyed us and spoke

"Before you exchange your vows, I urge you to articulate your deepest emotions and enduring commitment to each other. This moment holds profound significance, marking the beginning of a lifelong journey where love, fidelity, and dedication converge to shape the bedrock of your shared future."

I've diligently written my vows  straight from my heart and mind. Sinimulan ko noong una ko syang masilayan, at ang pag hanga ko sa kanya mula sa malayo, It's like  a heartfelt confession. Culminating in a beautiful promises that emerged organically from within me.

"In this instance, the groom will be the first to express his vows, deviating from the traditional "ladies first" convention"

His Best man handed him the microphone and then he gently took my hand. I looked at him, just to meet his captivating blue eyes. I saw a glimpes of mixed emotions.

Narinig ko ang sabay sabay na  pag-iingay ng mga tao kasabay ng pagbilis ng pagtibok ng puso ko.

"My dearest moon, As I stand here today in front of our loved ones" He paused and looked at our parents.

Unang linya nya palang, pakiramdam ko ay nalulunod ako

He returned his gaze on me before proceeding to his next words.

"I vow to cherish and honor you for all the days of my life. I promise to support you through every triumph and challenge, to be your rock, your confidant, and your partner in all things. With each passing moment, my love for you grows stronger, and I pledge to nurture that love, to respect you as an equal, and to always strive to bring joy and happiness into our lives together. I promise to stand by your side in times of uncertainty, to celebrate with you in times of joy, and to listen and understand with an open heart in times of difficulty."

I smiled looking straight into his eyes. Gusto kung maluha sa saya sa mga salitang binitawan nya kung hindi ko lang alam ang katotohanan.

"I vow to build a future filled with laughter and shared dreams, create a home that is a sanctuary for our love and our growth. I promise to be patient, kind, and unwavering in my dedication to our relationship. With you, I have found my truest happiness, and I promise to strive every day to be the partner you deserve. I am eternally grateful for your presence in my life, and I vow to love you fiercely, passionately, and unconditionally for all the days ahead of us."

It's a heart whelming lines from him. Nakatingin ako sa kanyang mata hanggang sa matapos na syang magsalita.

Hindi ko alam kung totoo ang mga salitang binitawan nya

Pero......

Ang sarap pakinggan ng paulit-ulit

Kahit matapos syang magsalita ay sa mata parin nya ako nakatingin. Pakiramdam ko'y nawala ang pagka ilang ko sa kanya.

Hindi ko namalayan ang kamay nyang nasa pisngi ko na pinupunasan ang luhang hindi ko namalayang umagos mula sa mata ko.

"My bride's having tears of joy" he uttered with a chuckle using the microphone kaya naman nakarinig ako ng tawanan mula sa mga tao.

"Awwwweeeeehhhhhh" Sigaw ng mga boses babae na kung hindi ako nagkakamali ay ang mga kaibigan ko.

Nakaramdam ako ng hiya kaya kahit si Ezekhiel ang kaharap ko ay isinubsob ko ang mukha ko sa pagitan ng leeg at dibdib nya.  Na mas lalo pang nagpaingay sa apat na sulok ng simbahan.

Naramdaman ko ang kamay nya sa likod ko na mahinang tumatapik.