ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜ

after I walked back out of the gym, I was met with Finnick who was leaning against the wall across from where I just come out. usually, mentors go up to their quarters after their tributes are done, I'm guessing he waited for me and once he made his way towards me smiling it was confirmed, he was.

"so, how did you do" he began and when I hesitated to answer he poked me in the side "You did good, didn't you?"

"I don't even think they were that interested, but I tried" I shrug it off, I hope I stood out but I know it is difficult to do that coming from my district. no one thinks that District Nine provides winners. I mean there have been only three, and only one is alive. I know there isn't much hope for me and Drake coming from District Nine. I don't blame them for looking at me the way were, our graves are pretty much already dug.

"come on, what did you do?" he looks down at me as we continue down the empty hall. his blue eyes flicker between

"I threw the spear, identified plants, and threw knives." I list off what I just did while we get on the elevator and it takes us up.

"did you choke?" he cringed playfully as I just rolled my eyes. he is the only one apart from Fitz that hasn't treated me like I am already dead. runa has hope in me, but she doesn't believe I will survive in the arena, honestly, no one does.

"well, we will have to see tonight, won't we?" I innocently blink at him throwing his words back at him and he just looks up to the ceiling and laughs. after the elevator stopped I realized we were on District Four's floor.

"Can you meet me on the roof tonight?" he looks back at me with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"y-yea, of course," I stuttered with a smile as he walked off the elevator. before he ventures completely off, I speak back up. "after the evaluations?"

"I'll see you then, Rena" he looked back at me with an amused smile before the doors shut and it made its way to the floor that District Nine resides on. I step out of the fancy elevator and walk down the hall to where everyone would be waiting to hear about how I did. they probably have already heard how Drake's evaluation went. I walk through the door and see Fitz and Runa laughing with each other on the couch and I see Concordia on the other end of the couch downing her champagne. they all look up as I walk through the doors. Concordia jumps up from her seat and runs over to me.

"my darling!" she squeals as she runs over to me, she has a different accent than everyone in the capitol, everyone here speaks up at the end of their sentences and drags out the 's' in their words, me and Stiles used to mock it. but Concordia talks with a lower voice, she drags out her words speaking slower than everyone around her. She knows how to stick out, and wonders why she's an escort for an outsider district. "how'd you do"

"Good, they were paying attention, I think" I shrug my shoulders as she grabs my hands in a comforting way.

"Well I think, you did great" she smiles at me causing me to tilt my head at her. "and you would like to know that I heard your name about a dozen times today"

"What?"

"the people like you" Fitz speaks up as he walks over to us "So they are watching"

"well good for you, I guess" Drake looks down from the stairs as he walks down them to us. "never took you as much of a people person," he said last part spitefully.

drake and I always had a weird relationship, we wouldn't talk to each other if it wasn't for Kati and the fact that her window is right by mine. we were just from different sides of the town, and if we were in a room without kati, there were maybe a few minutes of awkward small talk and then complete silence. I still considered him a friend though, and up until the past couple of days, I believed that he thought of me as one.