ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

I wake with a groan feeling the burn in every single muscle, my back feels like it is burning, i look around to see that it is dark outside and the storm is still raging on, i hear the wind blowing around me and I look to see link passed out beside me as I go to move towards the boy, my body convulses unable to exert any more energy. I felt like I couldn't move I started to get dizzy as I faded in and out of reality, I lay there in defeat as I felt myself grow weaker, I fell back into the position I was in and prepared myself for my death that I was so sure was close. anyone could take me now, even the birds.

𝘋𝘈𝘠 𝘴𝘪𝘹

the warm sun is the first thing I feel as I drift back into consciousness, I quickly get up in a panic, the last thing I remembered was running from the mutts and the careers when the storm happened and now everything around me is dry, I feel pain in every bone as I get up, my back is still on fire and I try to regain my composure, my hair was all frizzed and curly from the rain. I look around for the spear and I see it was thrown away from me. I stumble over to the spear and grab it i look around and see Sloan and Link still passed out link was in the same position as the night I remembered. I couldn't find Walden, I assume he didn't make it but then I saw the slight smoke coming nearby and saw him walking around the fire, I was relieved he made it and he was alright.

"how long have we been out?" I ask startling him and causing him to squeal. "sorry." 

"three days," he spoke up causing me to look at him in shock, "I tried to wake you guys up but you wouldn't move, I had to drag you guys out of the rain."

"Did anyone come near us?" I ask him, he must have been so scared on his own. 

"no, I pretty much stayed close to here" he looks down at the smoke trying to smother it. "I did have to go back to the spring for water this morning"

"I thought you were dead" I hit his chest as I struggled to lift my arm. "what's happened since we've been out" 

"the girl from two, and I think that's about it" he looks around. "that scratch on your back is pretty deep"

"I can barely move without it feeling like I am being ripped in half." I try to look back at it. "I don't think I will last long with it like this. do you know how I got it?"

"no but a parachute dropped for you yesterday, I didn't touch it." he points over to where I was lying as he nods his head no to my question and there is a little parachute laid out. I slowly stumble over to it and open it up, I open the little container that it holds and see that it is some type of cream. there was a slip of paper attached to the medicine 

'apply lightly. keep going, I believe in you. golden girl ' -f. 

I look to Walden and hold out the jar, he is the only one that can reach it since everyone else is out. he lightly puts it on my back and almost magically my back goes numb and Walden gasps."it's almost immediately healing" 

"no way" I once again turn to try to look at it. we store it away in the book bag I retrieved at the cornucopia a couple of days ago and we go back toward Link and Sloan. "have you eaten?" I look to the boy following me and he just shakes his head no. I look around before walking off into the jungle quickly. I look around for any signs of life around us, I grab a rock and throw it but no birds are around to shoot at. I slowly and quietly make my way through the woods trying to find something, anything. As I look behind me I see the grass moving subtly, and a flock of birds is hiding under the big leaves, afraid of being seen. I lift my spear and whistle causing them all to fly up, I quickly launch my spear towards one, and it pierces through the chest this time. I hurry and grab it and get back to where I was just at, this should last us for the day. when I get back I see Sloan and Link have regained their consciousness, poking around the arena looking for the stuff they lost. sloan was limping, he looked like he couldn't put pressure on his right foot.