Chapter 31

I had come to the conclusion that just staring at my ceiling would not open the door, or cease my undying curiosity.

Maybe Devin kept a spare key in his room? It was worth having a look around his room.

What if I got caught? Calm yourself. Devin isn't here and you have always been good at seeking around.

Good point self.

Dear praise the lord, I'm going crazy. I'm talking to myself. Is that normal?

I shrugged to myself.

I stood up from my bed and went over to my door.

It was past twelve am and for sure no one was up at this time except for me. A woman who was trying to break into a room in her own house.

I pulled my door slightly and stuck my head out of the small space.

The dark hall way was dead silent, and all that could be heard was trees moving outside due to the small wind.

Okay, this is starting to sound like a stupid horror movie where the stupid girl decides to go wondering around and guess who's that girl, ME.

I tiptoed to the door in front of mine and twisted the door knob. To my greatest luck,  it was unlocked. My other greatest luck as I opened the door, a figure came into view.

"Mrs. Maker, what are you doing up this late?" Rosa asked as she folded Devin's white linen shirts.

I walked over to her and started to help her fold his clothes. Play it cool and she won't suspect a thing.

"Oh, nothing. I heard you in here and thought I should help you out." I gave her a smile and waited to see if I fed her my lie right.

"Was I that loud, Mrs Maker? Please forgive me for my ruckus. I was only putting Mr. Makers clean clothes away." I looked at her worried face and shook my head.

"No, you weren't being loud I just was umm... passing by and saw the light coming from here."

"But you-"

"Oh, look only one left," I said as I folded the last shirt and put it in the pile with the rest of his shirts. "I'll put these away for you, Rosa. You are dismissed and please get some rest."

She looked at me one last time before she left and closed the door behind her.

Damn it, I was almost caught.

I started to look around his room to see where he put his shirts. I opened a door that was next to his bathroom and came into view with a huge walk-in closet. I walked in with the pile of shirts and placed them down where more stacks of shirts were.

I walked out when I was done and started to pull on his bed side table drawers. I opened the first one on his right side table and a single silver key caught my eyes.

Jackpot!

I took it and exited his bedroom and went over to the door. I inserted the key in the key hole and twisted it. My insides jumped when the click from the door sounded.

Hell to the yes!

I entered the dark room and closed the door. I took out my phone and turned on the flashlight to look for the light switch. When I found it, I flipped it on and turned around to face the now lit room.

I looked around, and the first thing that caught my attention was an easel placed in front of a double door that lead onto a balcony. On that easel was placed a painting that was yet to be finished. My eyes took in the beautiful white lilies that scattered the canvas. I looked away and walked towards some notebooks. I opened one that was on top of many. I flipped through the pages until I came to a halt when a familiar face struck my vision.

I skimmed my fingers along her face.

"It's me," I whispered to myself.

I drew my eyes away and looked around the table. A letter sat next to the notebooks. I took it and read it. Maybe I was invading his privacy, but I kind of had nothing better to do.

Dear Devin Maker,

We are very happy to announce that your drawing has won the Best Portrait award for this years contest. We are glad you were able to enter such a beautiful piece. Your drawing will be displayed at our art gallery.

Sincerely,

Garden Gallery

I checked the date that the letter had arrived, and was shocked it arrived the day Devin went to lunch with Asher when I was sick. No wonder he seemed happy that morning. He'd won a contest he entered his drawing in.

I put the letter back to where it was and once again, opened the notebook with the drawing of me. Why in the world would this be in here?

I turned a couple more pages to find even more. Okay, now it's just getting oddly creepy. Yeah, I had to say he made me look good in all of them, but why so many?

I closed the notebook and retreated away from the desk. I turned on the heels of my feet and made my way over to the door, only to stop.

Loud footsteps echoed from outside the door. They stopped and my breath hitched as I saw the door handle twist. The door was pushed open, revealing the person I least expected to see.

A/N

What I updated SO FAST?!? Yeah well this is a special treat for you guys since this book has over 100k reads!!! I'm so shocked and grateful for everyone who is reading my book.

Anyway last chapter I asked you to guess what was in the secret room or not so secret now since you already know, but back to what I wanted to say, moeee24 got it right. He's a painter and also a drawer, but yeah he's a painter.

Please vote and comment.

Bye(:

P.S Anyone else addicted to Selena Gomez's new song Good For You??? Because I know I am cx