Chapter 15

Sitting in the chair was the dark haired devil that I had previously had a very pleasant encounter with. Note to sarcasm. He sat in the chair with his spine so straight I swear I thought I saw a wooden board under the suits jacket.

"Mr. Lockheart, I'm glad you were able to make it," Devin said once he saw Asher.

Soon Asher stood up from the seat and turned around towards where Devin's voice came from.

"Well my secretary told me you told her it was today or I had to wait and I'm a very busy man," he told Devin. Then he finally trailed his eyes to where I stood still next to the door. Since I had seen him I hadn't moved a single bone. Curse myself for even coming. Devin followed his gaze and then turned back to Asher.

"Asher I would like you to meet my lovely wife Samantha." I was finally able to move and I took a couple of steps forward to be next to Devin who instantly snaked his arm around my waist. I saw Asher's eyes darken when Devin did that. Was he jealous? He had nothing to be jealous about we had been over for months now.

"Your wife?"

"Yes," I was the one to answer Asher. His eyes hardened and he looked at me for quite some time until Devin spoke out.

"Shall we start talking about business now?"

Devin soon let go of me and went to sit at the black leather office chair behind the mahogany desk. I followed him and I just stood behind his chair and leaned my elbows on his shoulders. Asher kept on looking at me and I could literally see the jealousy burning in the depths of his chocolate eyes.

I zoned out their talk when they started talking about boring business and what not. I caught Asher's glances towards me ever now and then. When they were finally done talking they both stood up and did a manly hand shake.

"I hope you think thoroughly about the offer,"Devin said while he walked Asher to the door.

"I will. Goodbye Devin. Goodbye Samantha." He exited the office and I was so glad he left. It was way to awkward for us to be in the same room let alone with Devin with us.

I sat in the Devin's chair and slumped in it.

"Well that wasn't noticeable at all," I heard Devin say.

I looked up at him and gave him a confused look.

"How do you know him?"

I was flabbergasted at his question. Was it that noticeable that Asher and I knew each other. I decided to play dumb and act like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I crossed my arms and started to spin on the chair.

"You know what I'm talking about. He's the ex you saw at the ball wasn't he?" He questioned and came up to the chair and stopped me from spinning any longer.

"I have never told you I had an ex so you wouldn't know anything," I said in a challenging tone.

"But did. When you where drunk you started to talk and talk and talk. I finally shut you up by-" he stopped mid sentence not wanting to finish.

"By what and please don't tell me I said anything stupid. Gosh I shouldn't have gotten wasted." I ran my hands down my face and let out a groan.

"Never mind we can talk about this at home. First thing you have to do for me is tell my secretary to make a check out for the charity. Mrs. Williamsom contacted me at home saying she wouldn't be able to make it."

"Yes, sir," I said in a business tone. I stood up and walked out the door only to enter again.

"Um where's your secretary at?"