22 : If Not Love Then What?

She looked at his hand closely wondering how can a man's hand seem so soft. His touch feels like home, she finds herself melting in his touch. She looked upwards to find him staring at her. His eyes looked so innocent and a little mischievous as his lips were curved into a smirk. The smile which used to look worst is looking so heartwarming to her. She placed her hand on his wound which she felt hurt. She could feel his pain when he winched, even when he closed his eyes tight, she felt pain

"Means you want me to come close?", he asked in a husky voice. He looked at her hand which she placed on his to check if that was hurting or not. His concentration all went on her hand which touched his wounded arm. She doesn't have any idea what to reply to him now. They were already close and she could feel his heartbeat but she was worried about what if this moment, the closeness led to something worse she was not prepared for. She kept looking at him as he held her hand in his and started to caress the back of her palm. Everything looked so damn beautiful. Like a fairytale, she felt like a princess and he was a prince who had to win her. Or maybe he won her already. Even in pain, he thinks about her comfort, what could be more beautiful than this? Now she asked herself if it is not love then why her eyes are searching for solace in his eyes?

She has her parents who love her a lot so why does she want love from his side only? Why did her heart yearn for his touch? Why does his touch feel like home?  Why does she feel hurt to see his eyes losing the charm because of her words? Why does ...

She has her parents who love her a lot so why does she want love from his side only? Why did her heart yearn for his touch? Why does his touch feel like home?  Why does she feel hurt to see his eyes losing the charm because of her words? Why does she want him to keep her close until they die? Why she can't share him with anybody? Why does she feel lost when she looks into his eyes? If it is not love then what it is?

Is her love powerful? How to confess it to him? He does it most of the time but here she feels the loss of words when he touches her and she forgets what she is going to say. She pressed his hand softly and shivered when he rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand.

A tear escaped from his eyes and she wondered why. There is nothing to cry for then why he is crying? Is it paining so much? If it is then why this man is not taking a rest? She asked him already not to come with her but he was adamant about coming with her. He acted like a stubborn child and she couldn't resist. She slowly moved her hand towards his face and wiped his lone tear which escaped from his eyes. She closed her eyes when she felt her hand wet. It must be hurting him, she should have forced him to stay home

"Is it hurting a lot? Dikhao mujhe", Meerab said and tried to check his wound and he stepped back

"You touched this wound. It is healed now", he said. Meerab shrugged her shoulder seeing his guts to flirt even in the pain. She guessed it must be paining and walked towards him but he was always on a different track.

"Tell me do you want to decrease the distance we have? Do you want to accept me as your husband? You know what I mean", he asked in a husky voice walking towards her. Meerab stepped back knowing his intentions very well. She wondered how he still had desires. How can this man forget his wounded hand? She looked down feeling shy when her back hit the wall and he caged her between the wall and him.  She held her kurta tight feeling his hot breath on her neck, she started to breathe heavily when he inched towards her face and joined their foreheads together.