19

Part II

Isabella

My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong.

I have made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words out of my mouth? These two words which will tie me to him forever. Kian Grey Reign as my husband. He chose me but I didn't choose him and yet, with these two words, I am about to bind us to each other for life.

After his harsh words last month, we've lived together in his home. To the outside world, I've been the blushing bride but on the inside, I feel nothing but dread. I am at Kian's whim and he shows no mercy. Each day we put on a farce, but as soon as we get to the apartment, I feel nothing but coldness.

I tremble. He notices.

He leans down and I suck in a breath, accidentally taking in his scent and regretting it immediately. Kian's lips stop just above my ear and I can feel his breath on my cheek. I still completely. "Two words and you become the queen of this city. You take shit from no one. You bow down to no one." He pauses and I hold my breath. "Well, no one but me," he chuckles and then stands back up to his full height.

I hate him. With every fibre of my being I wish I could turn around and walk out of here. Kian holds my freedom in his hands and I have no choice but to obey.

My mouth feels dry but I force myself to speak, knowing I'm committing myself to a lifetime by his side. My family's success and happiness are now tied in with Kian's and I have to keep him happy in order to help them achieve their aspirations. He's made it clear that he can break us all if I go against him.

"I do."

And with that, I give in. The devil's wife. How lucky am I?

As soon as the officiant announces us man and wife formally, the spectators cheer loudly. A huge church wedding filled to the brim, the Reign family did not spare any expense when it came to the wedding festivities. Prior to the ceremony itself, there was a rehearsal dinner, a hen night and a whole weekend full of activities for the respective wedding parties to get to know each other. I like to describe it as my own personal hell. The only saving grace of it all is the thought of Kian having to go through everything I have. It brings a smile to my face thinking of him having to suffer through the endless dinners, his/her games and groom torture he must have experienced but it's short lived because I remember exactly where I am. At the altar. Having just been pronounced as man and wife. With Kian about to kiss me.

My smile is wiped from my face as Kian's forms that half smirk that makes him look so good. I can see the photographer in my peripheral vision snapping away and moving around hurriedly, trying to capture the moment perfectly. Little does she know, I've been dreading this day for a while now.

He leans in close and I can't help but hold my breath. He holds his position for a moment, taking note of my face and smirking fully. Oh, and  of course the dimples make a guest appearance too.

"You don't need to look so scared Bells," he speaks millimetres away from my mouth and only I can hear his words. "I'll only bite if you ask." He follows it with a steaming kiss which would knock me over if I didn't have his arm holding me in place. The roar of the crowd fades and the little liar growls quietly, biting my lip as he retreats.

To my shock, Kian then lifts me in his arms carrying me bridal style back down the aisle and the crowd eats it up. Kian chuckles and looking at his face, I almost believe his happiness. He looks free, but I know the shackles that bind us.

As soon as we get behind closed doors, he puts me down abruptly and I almost lose my footing. We have a few moments where we stare at each other but nothing is said because the photographer comes in demanding we speed things along and get to the post ceremony photoshoot.