CHAPTER 3

VEL

I'm finally on my way home. It's already past 6 PM, we still have a lot to discuss about the case but the investigation team is still doing their job to collect more evidence, they let me go home in the meantime until they collect more evidence that I can use on my profiling. And for now I have curiosity on another thing, well, another person to be exact.

In the taxi, I'm reading the profile about dr. Krittin Kitjaruwannakul, that other person. The Kitjaruwannakul family has been producing Enigmas for 7 generations, and along the way they've become one of the most influential and richest families in the country. Funny thing is, they never have an actual main business that makes them so rich. The Enigmas in the family keep creating inventions that can give them income from the patents for generations to come. Other than that, they invest their money on lands and buildings. Rumor has it, they own more lands and buildings than the King himself.

Their current head family is their 5th generation Enigma, but he decided to stay away from public appearance since the death of his eldest son. Their youngest son, the 6th generation Enigma, Jakaputh Kitjaruwannakul, goes by the nickname Jack, is now the acting head of the family. The Old Value said a child can never inherit their parent's position as the head of the family as long as the parent is still alive. So even though he is the one who is actually running the family, he'll never officially become the head of the family until his father passes away. Jack married a Male Omega who died right after giving birth to their one and only son, dr. Krittin Kitjaruwannakul.

Tin is their 7th generation Enigma. At the age of 22 he invented an AI that can identify crime victims even when they were just body parts or in a very bad condition. This invention is used all over the world and I can already see the money he got from this invention alone. Other than that his profile only said about his magnificent achievement, which is not actually that magnificent since he is an Enigma.

I found an old interview of a young Tin, he looks younger than he is now, probably at 20. It looks like he just decided to pursue Forensic as his main job at that time, and the interviewer asked him "Why do you choose Forensic, while you are able to pursue literally anything else?"

His answer was "When I see a victim's dead body, I feel bad for them, because they no longer have the ability to tell their story, what happened to them? What caused their death? More than anything else, I feel like pursuing a career that can help them tell their story is the most important. That's why I choose to pursue Forensic"

I chuckled hearing that answer. If I don't know he is a psychopath I would probably believe his words but I know who he is and I don't believe a single word of this answer. Psychopaths always have a fascination with death. Either they choose to kill people or work with dead people. I just hope Tin is the latter and not the first one.

I finally arrived at my home, the Prompaopun Family main mansion. It's been 4 years since I walked into the vast front garden of the huge mansion and It brings back a lot of memories from my childhood. I really love this home. Despite the fact that it's so big and spacious, I never felt lonely or alone here. My family always makes this place feel warm and loving for me and I can't ever be grateful enough that I was born to be part of this family.

I reached the main front door of the mansion and before my hand reached the door, the door opened by itself. My little sister, Jade, jumped to hug me the moment she saw me in front of the door.

"You are finally home!" she said while still hugging me.

"I think I am" I said as I felt her hug getting tighter and tighter, crushing my ribs

"Let him go, Jade, you will crush his ribs if you keep hugging him like that" my mom said as I saw her and my mama walking down the stairs.

They both hugged me warmly and said their welcome home softly.