CHAPTER 13

TIN

All of Vel's family including Vel himself now look at me with anticipation in their face, I also can see anxiousness in their eyes.

While I just sat here, waiting for them to say something more but nothing, they didn't say anything else.

"Hmm... is that it?" I finally ask them.

They all look at each other, I guess maybe they are confused for my reaction, his mom is the one who answered :

"Yes, that's what we want to tell you, before you and Vel go on a more serious path in your relationship, we think you need to know about this fact."

"Oh..." I tried to find what reaction is appropriate for me to give right now, because really, it's nothing serious or surprising at all for me.

"We fully realize with this fact, our Vel won't be as perfect as you thought he is..."

"'Won't be as perfect'?" Ok this is insulting, "How can that make him less perfect for me?"

They all look at me confusedly, Vel sits next to me looking kinda relieved and there's a small smile on his lips.

"To be honest, since the beginning I kinda can see that Vel is not biologically related to everyone in his family. His facial features, his high nose, his sharp jaw, he didn't inherit it from his parents, unlike his other two siblings who are the splitting image of both of you. Also, Vel is the only Special Alpha with distinctive hair color in this family for generations. Even though, yes, there is a possibility for him to inherit it from his great great great great great grandparent, but that's just not how genetics work."

"So are you saying from the beginning you already have suspicion that Vel is not biologically related to me or my wife?" His mom asked me.

"Yes... and I'm sorry if that is inappropriate but it's just how my brain as a forensic doctor works."

"No, no, it's ok, there's nothing to be sorry about"

"And... I don't think that will make him any less perfect for me" I look at Vel and grab his hand when I said that because my logic said that's the appropriate thing to do "I just don't think there's a big deal in that, Vel is Vel, he won't be less than he is no matter where he come from"

"Oh... That's so sweet" I can hear Jade murmur that slowly with teary eyes.

"We are so glad to hear that, Tin" said his mom. "Ever since we adopted him, never even a day have we thought of him as not a real part of this family."

"We always told him he might not be born into this family but he was born to be part of this family" added his mama.

"I'm glad he found an amazing family that raise him and caring for him like this family" I said, this time I look at them directly "It's not my place yet now, but someday, maybe after our wedding, I hope I will have the right to say thank you to everyone in this family for taking care of him."

I can see my speech is working perfectly. His mama is completely crying now, and his mom is also teary. Even Vel is praising me.

He whispered into my ear "Good job, did you practice that in front of the mirror every night?"

I whisper back to him, "You know I don't need to."

"We are so glad that you have no problem about this, we were so afraid you will react differently from how your father reacted."

I raise my eyebrows hearing that last sentence "My dad already knows about this?"

"Yes, we told him directly the moment we received the first dating request, we usually didn't say this to everyone who gave us a dating request, but I just feel like this relationship will last and we have to come clean from the beginning."