CHAPTER 14

TIN

I was in my office alone when I watched the news and I was thinking, what does it mean for me? He clearly disregarded me and my team's work. What he told the press is nothing like what me and my team discovered. As much as I'm grateful the Commissioner's dumbness made me far away from becoming a possible suspect, but I'm also mad because I've been really working hard for all the forensic results we presented. In the end I just need to watch and see how the Commissioner will bring any random New Valuers to take all the blame. It's all good for me and I shouldn't complain about it.

Around 10, I got a surprise visit from the Commissioner himself. He was about to enter my office unannounced but he just found out I've turned my office door to not be able to be opened from outside just by anyone. It's funny how he bumped into the door after he failed to open it. He cursed at the door while I giggled from inside.

I end up opening the door for him.

"Oh, Commissioner, I don't know if you will visit my office." I greeted him.

He tried to make his face calm while in fact just a second ago he cursed at my door.

"Yes, it's quite an unplanned visit, but I have the need to talk to you."

He just slipped into my office before I allowed him to come in.

I close the door and follow him to sit on the guest sofa.

"You must already know about dr. Vel's dischargement from the case." he starts talking.

"Yes, sir, I talked to him yesterday."

"I just hope you will be more open minded and agree with my point of view. Suspect profiling like that can't be followed up. Alphas from prominent old Alpha's family being a suspect for a serial killer case, while New Valuers actively tried to harm us. I can't even imagine the chaos it will cause to us and our society."

I smiled "I agree with you, sir, it's also our job to maintain peace and order in our society. I fully support your decision to not follow up with dr. Vel's profiling. But I hope you will also understand dr. Vel's disappointment. He works hard in this case and when you decide to dismiss his hard work, I think it's normal for him to be angry."

Of course I said what my logic told me to say. In my mind I actually mock him for being dumb and thank him for making me not even close to becoming a suspect.

"Yes, yes, I understand, that's why I discharge him from the case and suspend him. I want him to get some rest and organize his thoughts. dr. Vel is a very talented profiler, and I still believe he is a good addition to our police force. But I need all the personnel in this office to have the same opinion as me. I really hope this suspension will make dr. Vel understands his mistake."

"He will understand, sir, I will talk him out of it."

"Yeah, that will be great, please do talk to him about it, dr. Tin."

"Yes, sir"

"I'm just glad, I have someone in this office that is fully on one page with me. Even Inspector Ping defies me in this matter."

"Inspector Ping is still young, I'm pretty sure along the way, when he see by himself how wrong his mindset is, he will eventually agree with you, sir"

The Commissioner smiled proudly at me "An Enigma is really built differently, at such a young age like you, you already have so much wisdom in you."

"Thank you, sir, I too still have a lot to learn, and I hope with your guidance I can be better."

"Of course, of course, just tell me if you need anything."