CHAPTER 17

Alina's MUA finished applying setting spray on her face and she was almost ready. Almost ready for her sister's Birthday. Earlier this morning she bombarded Aliya’s face with kisses which Aliya wasn't least bit happy about.

“Di, I’m 20 now..Don't treat me like a child anymore” Aliya said irritatedly trying to free herself from her sister’s embrace

“You’ll always be my child Aliya” Alina said genuinely,kissing her forehead before walking out of the door.

After reminiscing on the morning events,Alina took a last glimpse at herself in the mirror and moved downstairs. Their Mansion,Shokhiyat, was decorated elegantly and Ravishingly. Many guests were already pouring in and she saw her parents greeting them all. Aliya was standing alone at the corner in their Garden as if not wanting to encounter anyone. Almost isolated. Alina moved towards her sister and wrapped her arms around her waist,Aliya’s back touching her front.

“Everything okay,Babygirl?” Alina asked pressing a kiss on Aliya's head.

“Yeah..Yeah..Everything’s awesome Di” She said almost nervously

“Are you sure about that? I don't think if ‘life of the party’ herself would be glooming on her own Birthday..Anyone would be able to enjoy themselves”

“I'm Fine di,I really am..It's just..” Aliya turned around to face her sister

“It's just?” Alina arched an eyebrow at Aliya

“It’s just I'm really nervous”

“My girl..being nervous? How is that even possible?” Alina chuckled

“Well you know..I haven’t celebrated my Birthday in a long while. I don't like celebrating it. Celebrating it after so long is making my stomach sink for some reason”

Alina knew what Aliya was thinking. She hasn’t celebrated her Birthday since.. Since Maya left.

“I was actually surprised Baby that you were celebrating it this year. Is there any reason?”

Aliya was hesitating. “Oh no..there's nothing special as such..I just thought and –”

“Whatever that reason is..I'm glad that you are celebrating it this year. I wish you a lifetime of Happiness Baby. Now cheer up. People are waiting for you at front”

“Yes Gear Up Aloo”

Both the sisters heard voices and hooting from a distance.

Shanaya alongside with her Boyfriend was walking towards them and Ragini and Kashvi were following them.

All three women started running towards Aliya and brought her into a tight hug.

“Oh Aloo,Look at you..Finally all Grown up” Shanaya said like a proud mother.

“I was already a grown up Shanzy” Aliya irritatedly growled at her

“Now we Can take you to all the clubs and parties with us without worrying about Amrita's pleas” Ragini said pinching Aliya's cheeks ignoring her previous remarks.

“Hey guys,Don't irritate the Baby today. It’s her day” Kashvi shoved everyone aside and kissed Aliya on her cheek

“I'm not a Bab–” Aliya was about to Argue but rather sighed.

Alina eyed Raghav and passed him a smile. Raghav chuckled Awkwardly as well.

Raghav tried pushing his girlfriend back and instead got punched in the gut by her.

“Shanzy,Leave the girl..Will you?” Raghav told his girlfriend still holding his stomach

Before Shanaya could respond..Aliya waved at her Friends and walked over to them.