139-140

Chapter 139 Blood Jade

Hosta The big, tattered ship of the Zhou Dynasty has wandered through another year in the long river of history, entering the 20th year of Jinghe.

The emperor on the dragon throne is already forty-seven years old, one step closer to the curse of the Zhao family's dragon master who cannot live to be fifty-year old.

Under the fear that time was about to end, the emperor could no longer care about the precarious situation of his family, country, and world, and became more and more obsessed with the art of cultivating immortality and refining alchemy.

The Taoist priests from all over the world were summoned to jointly study immortal arts. The number of Taoist priests supported by the royal Taoist temple has reached thousands, and there are many people who are proficient in Yu.

Tian Zhen, the great eunuch in charge of the palace, was naturally happy to see this happen.

All the ministers in the court could not even see the emperor's face.

The 14-year-old prince, Zhao Xun, was in frail health and lived in seclusion in the East Palace all year round, hiding from others.

This year, due to the lack of taxes from Huainan, the money of the palace and the imperial court began to be seriously tight.

In the imperial court, can you endure it for a while, but you can't bear the pain? But the emperor in the palace couldn't bear it. Finally, Tian Zhen gave the emperor an idea, which was to hold a birthday banquet for the seventy-year-old Queen Mother. Using this as an excuse, he ordered various envoys to Come and congratulate us.

Although the Empress Dowager is already on the sick bed and unable to get up, it does not prevent her from becoming a money-making project.

The emperor readily agreed and immediately issued an edict.

It is a trivial matter whether the Jiedu envoys from various places can enter the capital, but the money and gifts must be received. The more the envoys do not come in person, the more money they will have to make sure that there is no stumbling block in the capital.

The Queen Mother's birthday is scheduled for April 16th.

On the sixth day of March, the Xiao Mansion in Jiangdu, Huainan Province, welcomed the seventh lady, Xiao Jiyue, hairpin ceremony.

The house was decorated with lanterns and colorful decorations, and the hall was full of guests, laughing and having a great time.

In Zhuoyu Garden, Xiao Jiyue, who had changed into a rich dress, sat alone in front of the dressing mirror, holding a red blood jade hairpin in her hand, looking at the hairpin, as if looking into the distance.

Quiet and distant, as if the soul has left the bustling place and gone to a distant place.

Cuiyu stood at the door, looking at such a young lady, feeling extremely strange.

She had only entered the mansion later, and had never met the legendary arrogant eldest son, nor had she met the previous young lady.

In the past few months, the seventh lady they have seen is always like a sharp unsheathed sword, powerful and sharp. Even when she smiles, you can feel that moment lingering in the air. If you don't pay attention, it will cut your throat and make you fall to the ground and die.

This was the first time she saw the softer side of the young lady, as if all the thorns on her body had been put away, and she was bathed in the warm light, meekly and softly.

It's dependence, right? As powerful as a young lady, she is also relying on someone in her heart, right?

She looked at the blood jade hairpin in Miss ?'s hand. There was a little fox carved on the tail of the hairpin. The little fox smiled lazily and looked happy. It was vivid and lifelike.