Chapter 4

If you guys want a double update today make sure to complete the target of 15 votes and 5 comments. The offer is valid till midnight of 31th of March.

Sofia's POV:

I was in my office working on my laptop when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I called out, not taking my eyes from the laptop

"Are you busy? I'll come again" Ric turned to leave

"What happened Ric? Is everything alright?" I said and turning off my laptop, having my full attention towards him.

He turned to face me and I could sense that he is nervous.

"What happened? Why are you nervous all of a sudden?" I asked

"A new student is enrolling in our school and..." he suddenly stopped mid-sentence and look at the floor as if he found something interesting.

"It is good that parents are trusting us and our school and letting their children come there to educate themselves" I knew something was bothering him but I couldn't put my figure on it.

"What happened? What is bothering you Ric?" I asked again, frustration laced in my voice.

"TheMikaelson'sarecomingbacktoenrollHopeMikaelsondaughterofKlausandHayley" he said in a fast and confusing tone as if he was afraid of my reaction.

"RIC" I finally had enough, I yelled at him.

"The Mikaelson's are coming back to enroll Hope Mikaelson daughter of Klaus and Hayley" Ric said in a cautious manner and closed his eyes, afraid of my reaction.

I froze at his statement, before I could react the door to my office opened and Damon stepped in.

"Hey babe" he said

"Hey" a whisper left my lips.

"What is happening here?" Damon asked as he saw Ric standing near the window and witnessing my mood being off.

Before Ric could say anything, I said "The Mikaelson's are coming back"

I could feel Damon visibly tense up. He let out a small whisper "Why?"

"To enroll Hope Mikaelson the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall." I said looking up to him.

Damon's expression changed from loving to angry "How dare they even think of coming back to Mystic Falls after what they did to you?"

"Damon, babe calm down" I said standing up and placing my hand on this chest right above his heart, trying to calm him down.

And it helped "How dare they?" He said calming down a little.

"It's not Hope's fault for what her parents did, Damon. That will be unfair towards her" I said realizing the truth of how messed up the situation will be when the Salvatore's and Mikaelson's will face each other.

"But it will remind you about your past" Ric said from the corner of the room.

"I don't care about Klaus anymore. He is my past but Damon and my kids are my future. I love them." I spoke

"Sof" Damon was about to say something but I cut him off and said "Damon, I love you. You are my soulmate, my better half. I'll always love you and our kids and I will never think of leaving you" I kissed him, making his thoughts disappear the only thought he must have is about me and only me.

"You don't know what you do to me even after 14 years of togetherness" he said kissing me back with same passion, which made me giggle.

"OKAY.... I need to go" Ric said and dashed towards the door to leave.

"What happened to Ric?" I asked Damon looking at the door.

"He is just jealous that I have a beautiful wife like you" Damon said which again made me giggle.

"Damon... don't be mean" I acted to be angry and lightly slapped him on his shoulder.

"Damon, we have to tell the kids." I said looking at him in the eyes. He knew who I was talking about.

"I know. But remember I am always there for you even when if you don't want me, need me anymore." Damon said looking into my eyes.

"Damon, I will always want you, need you by my side. I'll always love you no matter what the situation are and will be." I hugged him, seeking his warmth.

He wrapped his arms around me, I left like I am back home, back to my peace, back to my sanctuary. I closed my eyes, sinking further into his arms.

We stayed rooted on our place; our arms wrapped around one another for a long time enjoying each other's presence.

Did you guys like the chapter?
Do vote and comment for regular updates.

Love,
Your Author.