Chapter 5

Sofia's POV:

Me and Damon came home early than usual, Ric is still in school preparing for the enrollment of the admissions of new students.

"We are back" Damon called as we stepped inside the house, getting the attention of the kids.

"Hey mom, hey dad" Jace said coming into the living room along with Alec.

Jace and Alec are more than brothers they are each other's best friends.

Soon, Lizzie, Josie, Issy and Angela followed them downstairs from Issy's room.

"Kids we have to tell you something important" I said in an unsure tone.

"Aunt Sof are you pregnant again" Lizzie said, earing a few glares for her cousins. That's something Caroline would say, like mother like daughter.

"As much as I like to, but no. We have to tell you guys something" Damon said which earned him a slap on his shoulder by me "Damon, not the time."

"Thank God you are not pregnant, Mom" Jace said

"Am I really that bad of a mom. That you have to say that" I said in a soft whisper

"Mom, hey I didn't mean that. We just don't want to more like don't want to share you with someone else" Jace explained

"Kids this is important" Damon said in his serious daddy tone. All the kids immediately came to know that the thing we are going to say is very important as Damon only uses this tone when something is very serious.

"What happened, uncle D" Josie asked

"The Mikaelson's are coming back in town to enroll their daughter Hope into Salvatore Boarding school" I looked towards Issy and Jace as I said. Nervous for their reactions.

No one said a word for a while, making me a nervous wreck. The tension in the room can be cut through a knife.

Issy broke the silence which I was grateful for "Why are they coming back after everything they did to you" her voice was laced in anger. As they all know about Klaus and me. Him betrayal towards me and also knowing the fact that Klaus is biological father to Issy and Jace.

"You are right but he is your biological dad and you should get to know him" Damon said but I know that he is hurt from inside, that they are not biological his. He always has and always will loved them as his own.

"He maybe our biological father but he is nothing compared to you. He was not there for us when we needed a father figure. He was not there when we needed someone to share our secrets. He was not there to see our first steps. He was not there to comfort us when we got nightmare. He wasn't there when we had to go through transition, you were with us even when our bite could have been fatal to you, you were there all the time beside mom to comfort us. Don't ever say that you are not our father." Jace said with tears in his eyes

I could see that Damon had tears pooling in his eyes as Jace finished with his talk

"Come here kiddos" Damon said, tears escaping his eyes.

Issy and Jace rushed towards Damon hugging him.

"We are still here guys" Lizzie said letting the trio know our presence.

"Come hear everyone" Damon said and everyone rushed to towards them and we had a family hug.

Grandpa always keep my family protected, happy and safe I don't want anything else; I said a small prayer in my heart.

After a while we broke the hug and I said "Guys it's your choice to whom you want to talk too but let me tell you one thing Hope is not at fault here. You guys should not punish her for her parent's fault. Okay"

"OK... Mom" all the kids said together.

"Guys tomorrow is a long day. You guys better go and get some sleep" Damon said.

"OK dad... OK uncle D" kids said and went to their respective rooms and we went towards ours.

"Will everything be okay tomorrow?" I questioned Damon

"I'll be with you in very step you take, my dear. If you every feel alone just look beside you and you will always find me beside you, even through Heaven and Hell." He answered placing a kiss on my forehead.

Did you guys like the chapter?Do vote and comment for regular updates

Do vote and comment for regular updates.

Love,
Your Author.