Chapter 17: Chloe

A smile creeped to Dante's face but he masked it with a poker face and faced her.

He asked,"Did you just ask me not to leave? I thought you wanted me gone because I'm drunk"

Quickly realizing what she had blurted out she widened her eyes for a split second and crossed her arms before glaring at him.

"Don't let it get to your head Mr Dante Blackwood. I just said that because I don't want you to have an accident and die. I'm sure someone of your caliber has a lot of enemies, I'm sure they'll rejoice when they find you driving and drunk. Who knows maybe they might cause you an accident-"

"You are just overthinking, I drove here just fine" he said and climbed into his car. He was about to put his keys in ignition when Zoe said,

"I might be but please don't drive while you drunk. You might seem composed and whatever but you not in your correct senses. Can you please just spend the night?"

"You have a bachelorette pad how do you expect us to sleep?"

"You can just sleep on the couch "she hurriedly said without thinking. He smiled and raised a brow at her that made her rethink what she had blurted out and said again,

"I'm sure someone like you won't handle it-"

"I can but I'm not used to it so I won't" he paused and smiled creepily and continued

"Why don't you let me see Chloe. Call Chloe over so I can just see her for a split second before I go"

Zoe was fascinated with way he smoothly changed the topic. She knew that she didn't have any emotional foundation with him so they was no way she'd make him stay. She sighed and went inside and called Chloe over to the door.

"Where are we going at this time of the night?"

"No where someone just wants to see you"

"Okay"

They walked out of the building and when Chloe saw Dante who was leaning on his car, she immediately screamed and hid behind Zoe.

She screamed,"No! No!No! I don't want to go with you daddy! No!"

Dante felt his heart warm up for the first time in a long time. He smiled and walked over and crouched down to her level and said,

"Why don't you want to go with me?"

"Because I want to be with Zoey!"she replied

"Well I just fulfilled your wish so you have to come with me. You said you wanted a mommy right? So I got you one. You'll have to come with me to see her okay?"

Chloe's eyes immediately turned red and Zoe felt her heart ache. So Dante just came here to ask her if she could be Chloe's mother, his wife and when she said no he came up with a second option. How pathetic. Chloe looked up and faced Zoe who was looking at her sadly.

"No! No! I don't want to meet the mommy you want me to have." She said crying

"Then why did you say you wanted a mommy when you knew you'd deny her? "

"Because I thought you'd ask Zoe if she could be my mommy no one else," she yelled, crying