Chapter 29: Little Savior

3 hours later

Selena walked out and noticed the two old ladies' pale faces. When they noticed her, they hurriedly got up and went to her sides.

"How is she?" They synchronized

"She is out of danger. We just need to keep her under supervision for a week because the stab cut deep."

"Thank heavens," Brett said but frowned and continued, "but her family. Shouldn't we contact them?"

"I already sent someone to do it. Don't worry, he will be here soon. You go home she might not wake up tonight, " Selena said and bowed before leaving.

In the hallway, they were a dozen bodyguards, and when Zoey was transferred to the VVIP ward, the two old ladies followed togetherwiththebodyguards. They entered the ward, and both stared at her as she was peacefully sleeping on the bed. They stayed by her side, never leaving her. Surely, they would be indebted to her forever.

***

"Answer it," Keegan said before sipping his wine

Dante answered the call and put it in speaker mode.

"Talk."

"Boss, I'm afraid you have to come to the hospital -" Dante just narrowed his eyes and hung up before his right hand man could finish

"Let's go," Keegan said as they strided out

***

After what felt like forever, Zoey moved her index finger. This action didn't escape the eyes of the two old ladies as they both hurried to her sides. Zoey slowly opened her eyes and was blinded by the lights that she involuntarily closed them again. She moved her lips, wanting to say something, but the words felt stuck in her throat. Brianne took a glass of water and handed it to her. After consumption, she said with a slightly horse voice after adjusting to the light.

"Are you okay, ma'am? "

Brianne's tears flowed like a river. What kind of person was she? Despite seeing that she is the one who is in danger, she still asked if the person she took a stab for was okay. Brett looked at Zoey with eyes full of gratitude.

"Little Savior, I don't know if we can thank you enough for this."

Zoey just smiled after scrutinizing them, seeing that there weren't any injuries on them.

"You shouldn't say that -"

"Little Savior, what's your name?" Brianne interrupted as she wiped her tears.

Zoey smiled and responded, "My name doesn't matter now. I'd prefer the both of you to call me a little Savior than by my name. "

Brianne and Brett smiled and called Selena over.

***

It was Keegan who was driving while Dante just looked calm and composed like the news didn't matter to him at all. Upon arrival, his right hand man led them to the ward Zoey was admitted in without telling him what happened. Opening the door, he was first met with Aunt Brett piling apples on the hospital couch. He held his breath, thinking it was his mother. Walking inside the room, he saw his mother's back. He let out a sigh of relief but at the same time curious on who it was laying on the hospital bed he took small steps towards the bed since he couldn't see due to his mother blocking his view.

"Dante!" Aunt Brett exclaimed happily at the same time Brianne cleared Zoey's line of sight and said

"Little Savior, this is my son whom I was telling you about."

Zoey and Dante held gazes.