chapter 50

The silence in the grand living room was broken by Dante's voice, casual yet sharp. "Mia, who's this?" he asked, nodding towards Zoey as he emerged from the kitchen, a glass of water in hand.

Mia glanced at Zoey, then back at Dante. "This is Zoey," she said simply, her tone neutral.

Dante looked at Zoey, his eyes lingering on her for a moment longer than necessary. "Zoey," he repeated, the name rolling off his tongue as if tasting it for the first time. There was no spark of recognition, no sign that he remembered the shared history between them.

Zoey met his gaze, her own expression carefully controlled. "Hello, Dante," she greeted, her voice steady despite the storm of emotions inside her.

Dante gave a slight nod, his attention already shifting away, dismissing her presence as he turned back to Mia. "Mia, about the new line, I was thinking—"

Zoey listened as Dante discussed his ideas with Mia, her mind racing. He didn't remember her, not even a flicker of their past. She was a stranger to him now, just another face in the crowd.

As the conversation drew to a close, Dante didn't offer any further acknowledgment to Zoey. He was all business, focused on the project at hand.

Mia caught Zoey's eye, a silent question passing between them. Zoey gave a small nod, signaling that she was okay, that she could handle this.

They left the Blackwood mansion together, the echo of Dante's indifference a stark contrast to the warmth of the sun outside. Zoey took a deep breath, letting go of the past, ready to embrace the future that lay ahead.

*****

I'm so sorry for the late updates but the reason why I don't update often is simply because I don't think you like this book. So if you want me to continue lemme see your votes and comments.

Chocalatie