Chapter 48

JAMES P.O.V.

I sat in the car for a second as the snow fell hitting my windshield before i pulled off. I was tired as hell right now. I opened my glove compartment and pulled out the black Cartier bag. I pulled out the box and opened it. The light shined down on the ring brightly. The 10 karat diamond tear drop shape ring was huge. It was surrounded on a band of smaller diamonds. Every since I got this ring I can't stop looking at it. I closed the box and put it back into the glove compartment.

I pulled up to the house and Bri car wasn't here. It was going on 1am. I pulled my phone from the cup holder and dialed her number it was going to voicemail.

I got up to go in the house. I hope she cooked cause I was hungry as hell. I tried to call again and same thing. I know she went shopping earlier with Kyra. I called Quan to see maybe she went over there after. She needed to be around her friends and didn't wanna be. I think she was becoming depressed.

Yo? Quan answered like he was tired.

Ma bad nigga just wanted to know if Bri was over there?

Nah, she went shopping with Kyra earlier I thought they might be at her shit. She ain't come home yet.

Nah they ain't here!

Ight hold on let me call her. (The line went silent for a second and I tapped my keys on the island.) "yo hello?"

Yeah...

Her shit going to voicemail!

Yeah Bri's is too! Something ain't right.

Nah I'm bouta get up, meet me!

Ight!