Chapter 8: Love Wins All

*still in flashback*

I stepped into the familiar corridor, a routine journey I embark upon each weekday. Along the path, the male students' eyes remain fixed on me, their gaze unwavering, as if entranced by my presence. It was a scene I've grown accustomed to, their admiration for my beauty evident. Yet today, their fascination seemed to intensify, leaving me puzzled as to the cause.

"Jieun-ah!!!" A voice echoed through the corridor, pulling my attention. I turned to find three female students, Shin Ye Eun, Kang Min Ah and Cho Yi Hyun making their way towards me. They were my close friends. Wait, correction: they were my supposed close friends, or more accurately, friends in name only. I knew they befriended me for one reason alone – to bask in the attention of the male students. The proof was obvious: they never bothered to contact me beyond the confines of the school grounds.

Ye Eun flashed a smile at a few male students before her gaze shifted to me, catching her slightly off guard. "Yaa, Jieun-ah, you look different today," she remarked.

"Yeah, I noticed it too. Aha! I know why. You're not wearing your hair tied up today," Min Ah observed.

"Hmm... my hair tie is missing." I confessed, disappointment was clearly seen on my face.

"Missing? How did that even happen?" Yi Hyun interjected, her eyes widening as she blinked rapidly, as if she was in disbelief. But I knew, she wasn't really cared; she was just putting on that expression for aegyo.
(*Aegyo: cute show)

I shrugged. "Molla."  And together, we strolled into the classroom.

Unnoticed by me, a lone boy with round spectacles stood at the corridor's end, murmuring to himself, "She looks extra beautiful with her hair down like that." A wide smile played on his lips as he adjusted his glasses, revealing the name 'Jeon Jungkook' stitched onto his school uniform.

____________

Mr. Rapmon was teaching math in front of the class. I tried to take notes of what he teaches in my notebook, but every time I bent down to write, my rebellious locks cascaded onto the page, an unruly distraction.

"Ugh, stress!" I murmured, annoyed with my loose hair. My mind races, trying to recall the last time I wore the hair tie. "Where's actually my beloved hair tie? I think I still had it yesterday when I was playing with mochi at the park. Hmmmm~"

__________

Kringggggggg!!!!!

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the day. As the last of the students trickled out, I made my way to a special spot. Finally, I stood before a big door, hand poised to turn the handle. With a creak, it swung open, revealing a hidden gem: my sanctuary, my dream stage.

Stepping inside, the embrace of the cold air envelops me, yet providing warmth and melting away every ounce of stress that clung to me today. The stage unfurls ahead, illuminated by the gentle radiance of the overhead lights, seemingly inviting me to share in its enjoyment and excitement.

Setting down my school bag, I ascended the steps to the platform, each footfall echoing in the empty space. At the center, I reached out and grasped the microphone, feeling its weight in my hand. With a deep breath, I bring it to my lips, testing the waters with my voice.

After making sure the microphone was in good condition and its volume matching my voice, I began to sing while imagining rows of eager faces, my devoted fans filling every seat before me.

Yes, my dream is to become a singer. Ever since I was a kid, I had a passion for singing. Although my mother wasn't very supportive of that particular interest of mine and firmly ingrained in my mind that education is more important, ensuring a better future as a woman, yet I still insist. I didn't abandon my passion, instead, I turned it into a hobby.