O4: Secret

Prince Jaeyun wakes up in the morning and he gets ready to meet his father. Senior Court lady Yeon brought in the clothes to be worn today.

"Miss Yeon, how is my father feeling today? Did he in a good mood today?" Prince Jaeyun asked while putting on his coat.

"He is doing well today because his children are visiting him to celebrate his birthday, Your Highness."

"Do you think I am worthy to join them?"

"Your Highness, please don't think like that, I'm sure they will welcome you." Senior Court Lady Yeon tried to calm Prince Jaeyun by patting his head.

"Miss Yeon, please prepare paper and brush. I want to write a letter for dad."

"All right, Your highness."

🌿

"Let's take a look what we have here!" King Saeyun opened the gifts from his five children one by one with a smile.

They held the King's birthday party in the king's dining hall with his wife and children.

Crown Prince Heeseung gave his father a very expensive eagle.

The Second Prince, Prince Jongseong presented his father with a valuable telescope at the time.

Third Prince, Prince Sunghoon presented his father with a red silk shirt with patterns made of gold.

The last prince, Prince Jungwon presented his father with a pillow and blanket sewn by himself and made of silk fabric.

Their father, felt like someone isn't here and looked around.

"Where is the fourth prince?"

The four of them just bowed and didn't know what to answer.

Suddenly the door from the outside opened, a glimpse of someone from afar was seen which was Prince Jaeyun, the fourth son of King Saeyun.

Crown Prince Heeseung, Prince Jongseong and Prince Sunghoon looked at Prince Jaeyun cynically but Prince Jungwon was very happy with his brother's arrival.

"Sorry I'm a little late dad. I also brought you a special gift."

Prince Jaeyun took out a box from his shirt pocket and opened the box in front of his father.

"Tch- just a brush?" Prince Jongseong looked down on the gift that Prince Jaeyun gave to his father.

"Dad, the brush is made of Lignum Vitae wood or known as iron wood." Prince Jaeyun explained about the brush.

"What?! that's too expensive for a brush." Prince Sunghoon interrupted.

"Also I want to give you a bath soap that I made according to your taste of fragrance and a letter for you, I hope you reads it." Prince Jaeyun said as he bowed his head.

"Thank you my son!" King Saeyun smiled and hugged Prince Jaeyun tightly.

"He's probably don't know about the secret letter." Queen Myunghee whispered to her son Crown Prince Heeseung.

Queen Jaehwa just watched them with a jealous heart towards them. Queen Jaehwa has to go through hindrance to make Prince Jaeyun the next king of Jangyu which is Crown Prince Heeseung.