O8: Our Times

Princess Gwayoung holding tightly both bottles of rose-scented perfume. She gazed at the walls of the sky with the beautiful stars.

"Jaeyun, I really want you to know that i really, really, really miss you. I miss our childhood."

9 Years ago

Princess Gwayoung walks around Jangyu town with Aeri, Minji and Eunchae.

"Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here." Princess Gwayoung said then took a breath calmly.

Princess Gwayoung felt like her purse had disappeared from her dress.

"Did you see my purse?" She asked her friends. They all just shook their heads.

"It might fall out somewhere." Aeri answered.

"Come help me find it."

"Hey! Give my wallet back!" Princess Gwayoung saw someone holding her purse. They immediately chased the thief.

"Chase the thief!" Minji shouted.

The 3 boys saw a group of girls chasing the thief from a distance.

"We should help them." Said one of them. They all rushed to help them.

Prince Jaeyun waited for the thief to get close and then he on purpose lifting his left leg. The thief immediately fell in front of them. Sunoo quickly hit the thief's head until he passed out.

After running for a long time, suddenly the thief fell down. Without wasting time Princess Gwayoung ambushed the thief and took back her purse.

"Your highness, that's Gwayoung." Sunoo whispered to Prince Jaeyun.

Prince Jaeyun quickly came out from hiding and met Princess Gwayoung.

"Princess, it's me! Jaeyun."

They spent time together until the evening. They go to the library, buy food and hunt birds to eat together beside the river. They both almost forgot about the time that would still run.

They do a lot of things that day. Princess Gwayoung suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach. She felt very happy and safe when she was next to Prince Jaeyun.

"It's getting dark, I want to send you home." Offer Prince Jaeyun.

"No, it's okay." Princess Gwayoung said suddenly she hugged Prince Jaeyun tightly.

"In a few days let's meet again at here." She said while hugging Prince Jaeyun tightly.

"Your highness!" Sunoo's voice was heard from behind.

"What's the matter?"

"The king just passed away."

"Grandpa!" Prince Jaeyun immediately ran away leaving Princess Gwayoung who was still stuck there after hearing the news.

That day was the last day they saw each other.

••••••••••••

The relationship between them has been built since they were both 3 years old together with their siblings. The late king of Jangyu who brought them together with the intention is for matching them without anyone's knowledge.

 As they grew up they met often but Prince Jongseong always prevented Prince Jaeyun from going to Deokmin.

🌿

"Today is your birthday my son. What do you wish?" Said King Saeyun to Prince Jongseong.

"I want to marry someone, dad."