Chapter 56: Toss A Pig In The Air

She stared at his outstretched hand and frowned. Completely ignoring it, she attempted to stand up but the intense pain forced her to slump on the floor again. She made a loud "hmph!" and turned her face away from him.

Lisa sighed at her stubbornness. "Don't be a spoiled brat." He made a 'tsk' noise before bending down to easily lift her up.

"I can walk by myself-"

"Yeah, and pigs can fly." He rolled his eyes at her poor excuse. He was taking her to the bathroom to allow her to freshen up and change into a different set of clothes.

"Well if you toss a pig in the air, it can fly." Jennie childishly replied, crossing her arms and refusing defeat.

Even though she showed visible unhappiness with his actions, she actually enjoyed it.

His hold on her was firm yet gentle, making her feel protected and treasured in his arms. But she realized he was inexperienced in the field. He carried her a bit too high, so her head was near his shoulder blades instead of his chest. The thought that he doesn't usually carry women in his arms intensified the feeling of security blooming deep within her.

Lisa's lips twitched in amusement. She liked to verbally disagree with everything he did for her, but her body always disagreed with her words. Even as they argued, she had shifted her head to rest it comfortably on his shoulder, her cheeks lightly squished against it.

He carried her right into his own bathroom and sat her down on the edge of the big bathtub. "The towels are over there, and the products are over there."

He debated whether he should offer her female toiletries but didn't want a misunderstanding to occur. What if he got her female products and she ends up thinking he was the type to frequently bring women into his house? Besides, he actually liked the idea of her smelling like him...

"Wash up. I'll have someone bring your clothes. Once you're done, just press this button on the wall and I'll come to get you." He pointed to the silver button near the door of the bathroom.

She slowly nodded her head. Wanting to get out of this dirty dress as soon as possible, she decided to not ask any other questions.

Jennie waited for him to leave before stripping off her clothes. Her knee was still aching in pain, but it wasn't as severe as before. She was glad her knees weren't fractured because another visit to the hospital would be too much work.

She finished her bath faster than usual and reached for the towel. But her knees were still wobbly so she could only rely on the support of the wall to hobble her way towards the towel rack. Wrapping the towel around her, she was glad the towel was long enough to decently cover her. While she knew Lisa would have already left the bedroom, she still made sure it was suitable for walking out there.

After successfully getting out of the bathroom, she noticed a neat pile of folded-clothes on his bed.

Grabbing the clothes, she walked back towards the couch and lifted up the dress to examine it. Just as she had predicted, it was Somi's clothes again.

Jennie unknowingly blew out a sigh of relief. His own bathroom only had male products in it, and his house had no other female clothes aside from the ones that Somi uses whenever she visits. This was a good sign because it showed Lisa didn't carelessly invite unfamiliar women over to stay the night.

She didn't know that aside from Somi and his mother, no other woman had ever slept over at his house. His mother and Somi were not even aware that he can cook!

Jennie ran a hand over the pastel blue dress and was impressed by it. The material was softer and lighter than the previous white dress. It had mid-length sleeves that belled out towards the end and the style of the dress complimented her figure so much better.