Chapter 106: Her Body Was Pushed To The Limit

Lisa took the water and gently handed it to the precious woman in his arms. "Be careful, it might be too hot— "

She ignored him and snatched the cup off his hand, finishing it all in one gulp.

Lisa took the cup back and handed it to his secretary for him to refill. Kang Seulgi frowned at his new job as a water boy, but nonetheless, went to fetch the water.

"Does it hurt anywhere?" Lisa asked, brushing away her messy fringe to reveal the thick white bandage on her forehead. Seeing it, his lips tilted into a frown.

"No." Jennie curtly answered, pushing him away and casting her eyes downwards. She remembered his expression when he saw the bloodshed. Sitting here, she was waiting for him to tell her he didn't want a woman as crazy and uncontrollable like her.

Lisa saw her lower her gaze and sighed. His arms felt empty without her in it. She had reverted back to distancing herself. He knew it was also his fault, but he knew he had gotten her to lower her walls before. It wouldn't be hard to do it again.

"Where did you learn to wield a gun like that?" He wanted the truth this time. Keeping his voice gentle and his eyes adoringly warm for her and no one else, he hoped it would beckon her to open up.

It shocked his younger siblings who couldn't believe they were personally witnessing this side of him. Even though Somi had already witnessed her henpecked brother's treatment of Jennie, seeing it again still surprised her.

Jackson eyed his brother. He didn't think the man was even capable of such fondness! Who would've known he was a pampering lover?!

"Don't try to hide the truth. I can't protect you if you don't tell me everything. You're not allowed to keep me in the dark." He demanded, leaving no room for objections.

Jackson looked at his brother incredulously. H-Hey buddy, I don't think we should provoke this crazy woman who killed 29 men in the span of one night!

She raised her head to look at him, before eyeing the other Manoban siblings and Kang Seulgi who stood by the door with the cup of water. When she heard his words, she knew she couldn't delay the truth anymore.

Sighing, she gestured her hand to the couch in the expansive hospital room suitable for royalties. "Sit down, it's a long story." She muttered.

Lisa adjusted her hospital bed so she can comfortably sit, before making himself comfortable beside her. He hovered over like an overprotective husband and she didn't know how to react to it.

Kang Seulgi sensed this would be private information, so he made sure that the security detail outside knows that no one is allowed near the room as he himself stood by the locked door to guard it.

Somi had been awfully surprised to know that her Jenjen can wield a gun. They had grown up together, and as heiresses, they knew basic self-defense. For her brother to ask about her Jenjen's ability with a gun, it would seem it was remarkable. Was this related to the time when she disappeared?

She was beyond curious about where her Jenjen has mysteriously vanished for two years without leaving a single note or word behind. She just went up and left, taking none of her belongings — not even a wallet or cellphone.

Jennie looked to the tinted glass window as her Somi and her other brother moved to the couch. She saw her haggard reflection, the white bandages on her head, and her cheeks that had become incredibly hollow.

Jackson was the first to eagerly sit down, his ears excited to listen to this crazy lady. He was now incredibly wary of her due to her abilities. Most of her kills were clean shots that resulted in instant deaths!