Chapter 20: Tell Him

I woke up to Cooper stroking my face. “Hey,” He whispered. I watched his face as he stroked my face.

“Hey.” I smiled. He kissed me. “Please tell me that it wasn’t a dream.” I lifted my hand and gasped. The ring was there.

“It wasn’t a dream.” He smiled kissing me. I looked at it in amazement. “Are you happy?” He asked. I nod. The door knocked causing me to look up and smile.

“Hey.” I smile at Kirsty and Jesse.

“Hey you’re up!” Kirsty smiled walking towards me. My eyes went wide and I think she noticed. She shook her head slightly as I looked from her stomach to her face then back again. There under her semi tight shirt was a small bump. Anyone would have thought she just gained a little bit of weigh but I knew it wasn’t. She gained weight in her butt. It was definitely a baby bump. “How have you been?” She asked.

“In a coma.” I laughed. Jesse stood at the door smiling at me. “Hey Guys do you think I can talk to Kirsty for a little while, alone?” Cooper kissed me and slipped out of the bed and pulled Jesse with him. I looked at Kirsty as she sat down and let the tears slide down her face. I patted the bed next to me. She sat down and I pulled her to me winching as she hit my lower stomach. “Tell me what’s wrong?” I whispered.

“I’m pregnant!” She sobbed. I rocked her back and forth as she sobbed. I looked down as she lifted up the t-shirt. Under it held a perfect 2 month old baby bump. I knew it. It was right between her hips. I laid my hand on it and looked up at her.

“Have you told Jesse yet?” I asked rubbing my hand over it back and forth.

“We were so careful. We used condoms and I was on birth control.” She sobbed. I wrapped her in my arms tighter and squeezed. I made her look at me. “So careful. So careful.”

“Kirsty did you tell my brother you are pregnant?” I asked. She shook her head.

“I can’t. I don’t have to nerve to tell him.” I sighed. Not good.

“You have to tell him.” I gave her a stern look. “Think of him. He loves you, why would he not want you and my future nephew or niece?” I asked moving the hair out of her face and putting it behind her ear.

“What if he thinks I trapped him?” She looked up at me with sad eyes.

“He won’t. My brother loves you. Trust him. Tell him, Kirsty.” I said looking at her. She sighed.

“I should go tell him now. Get it off my chest, while I still have the nerve.” She rubbed her face. She got off the bed, pulling down her shirt and walked out. I watched as she walked right back into the room. “I can’t do this.” She said panicking. I gave her the ‘you better go tell my brother now’ look making her look down at the floor.

“Come on Kirsty. You can do this. Just say it.” She nodded. “You can do this.” She nodded.

“I can do this.” She nodded. “I can do this.” She mumbled to herself. She took a deep before walking out of the room.  I rubbed my face and sighed.

“Hey Baby.” I smiled at Cooper. “Have you told her yet?” He asked lifting my left hand and kissing the ring on my finger.

“No we were talking about something else.” I sighed my eyes started to water. I stuck out my lip as I thought about it. Cooper sat down and kissed it gently.

“What’s wrong?” He asked pulling me gently into his arms. I laid my head down and sighed.

“We, mostly I, can’t have kids.” I rubbed my eyes as Cooper pressed his lips to my head. I looked up at him as a tear slid down my cheek. He wiped it away. “How can you stay with me? You wanted to have kids, I can’t have any. All I ever wanted was to be a Mom, and now I never will be.” I started to sob half way though. He rocked me gently.

“I don’t care if I never have a baby. I don’t care. You are what I want, the only thing I want.” He buried his head in my hair. “I don’t care baby. We can have loving nieces and nephews if we have to. All I want is to be with you.” He lifted my face up and kissed me.

“I love you.” I smiled weakly kissing him again…….

Turns out Jesse was shocked to find out she was preggo but he didn’t do anything that she thought he would do. We decided that we would all rent an apartment together after the boys get back from boot camp. I was going to go to night school to get my teaching degree after High School and help Kirsty with the new little baby. Kirsty was going to work during the day, and so to online school, so she can get a good job. The boys are going to become Marines, simple as that. When I told Kirsty and Jesse that me and Cooper are engaged, Kirsty Gibbs slapped him and yelled saying ‘You could have told me you were going to propose to my BEST FRIEND.’ Jesse didn’t really like it to much because of my age but after that he thinks it’s fantastic. I couldn’t agree more. Now Kirsty and I are going to her 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex. Boy I can’t wait to see if I get be a ‘girly dress up Auntie’ or a ‘let’s go play football but be Auntie’s little boy’ Auntie. We were sitting in the waiting room in the doctor’s office waiting.

“Kirsty, you can come with me.” The nurse smiled at us holding Kirsty’s file. We stood up and followed her down the hall of the doctor’s office……..