Chapter 24: Gross!

“Okay you see what you have to do Baby Girl?” He asked leaning onto the desk in front of him. I nodded.

“I see Daddy. He is going to be so happy!” I smiled.

“God, I hope so.” He smiled nervously.

“Gunny, we need you in the bunks Sir.” A marine said walking into the room. Dad looked over at him and sighed.

“Be there in a minute Sergeant.” He said. The Marine nodded before walking away. “That’s my cue baby. I have to go. I love you. Hug Cooper, Jesse, Megs, and Kirsty. Give Little Logan I kiss on the belly from me, and smack Connor and say I told you too. He will know why.” He smiled.

“I love you Daddy. I will. Stay safe Marine.” I smiled.

“Yes Ma’am.”  He said before the connection broke and the screen went blank. I leaned back into my chair. Cooper walked into the room and smiled at me.

“Hey Baby Cakes, what’s up?” He said dropping onto my bed and looking at me. I rolled around and smiled at him.

“I was just talking to my Dad.” I smiled at him getting off my chair and leaning over him. He smirked at me.

“Oh really?” He said flipping me over so I was under him. “It took you 2 hours to talk to your Dad?” He smiled. I nodded.

“Longest I have ever talked to him on deployment. He wasn’t busy. We talked about something that you can’t know about.” I giggled kissing him. He pulled a face and rolled around and caught me in his arms.

“So you’re not going to tell me?” He said with big eyes. I nodded and pouted.

“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you.” I said kissing his bottom lip. His pout only got bigger making his amazing Navy eyes sparkle.  I caught his bottom lip in my teeth and tugged at it making a little growl sound. He pulled me to him and pulled his shirt off me kissing my shoulder. “I love you.” I moaned.

“I love you too.” He smiled pulling off his t-shirt……………

Over the next couple of months I have been helping Dad with his little surprise. I never did tell Cooper till last week were he finally got it out of me because I need his help at keeping Jesse at bay when I had to do something so it wasn’t that bad. The boys were graduating today so I was making them breakfast before the ceremony. Kirsty waddled into the kitchen with her big belly. She was due in 6 days and hating every minute of it. “Good Morning Kirsty.” I smiled.

“Morning, can I have coffee?”

“Not for 6 days, then all you can have is coffee to stay awake.” I laughed making eggs. She groaned and sat down on a seat. “Sorry.” I giggled. “You want anything Kirsty?”

“Hmm some French toast would be nice.” She smiled looking up. “Oh and some whipped cream on top. Yeah that sounds amazing. Oh and some pickles. I can go for some pickles.” I pulled a face. “What?”

“Pickles? They are just cucumbers soaked in evil! How could you want one of those?” I said setting her plate. I walked to the frig and grabbing the pickle jar. I held my nose and gave them to her. She opened it and I caught a whiff of it. I gagged and turned away. “That’s so gross.” I said backing away from it into a rock hard body.

“What’s wrong Baby?” Cooper asked kissing my head.

“That so gross.” I whined. Kirsty just sat there smiling eating her pickles. Jesse walked in yawning and stole a pickle and ate it. I cringed into Cooper smelling him and not the smell of the pickles. He kissed my head and picked up his plate. Jesse screwed on the cap for the pickles put them away and sprayed the room with air freshener. I finally calmed down enough to serve breakfast to the boys. I sat down next to Cooper away from the pickle eaters.

“Are you always like this around pickles?” He smiled kissing me. “Good morning by the way.”

“Morning to you too, Sweetie Pie. She is always that way around them. Don’t know why, only she is like that. I love them.” Jesse smiled.

“You’re just sick.” I huffed crossing my arms and leaned back on my chair.

“Don’t worry about it Baby, it will be fine.” He smiled. I rolled my eyes and threw a roll at him. He smiled at me. After we finished eating Cooper pulled me into my bedroom. He officially moved in a month ago till we get married.

“Good Morning Baby.” He smiled kissing me. I smiled and rubbed his newly short cut hair.

“Good Morning.” I smiled.

“When you picking him up?” He whispered slipping off his pajama pants and putting on a new pair of jean Levi shorts. He threw on a dark blue polo and smiled at me.

“Right before the ceremony, no one knows so no hints. I will kill you if you do.” I smiled walking over to my bathroom to take a shower as Cooper pulled up his shirt to put on some old spice deodorant. He sat on the sink counter as I finished up. “Do you think Jess is going to like the surprise?” I asked getting out.

“Of course he is going to like it! It’s going to be perfect. I promise.” He smiled kissing me handing me my towel. I wrapped it around myself and smiled at him. He was looking down my towel as I grabbed another to dry my hair.

“Now do you remember what to do?” I asked him pulling on my bra. He nodded.

“Yup I remember Baby.” He said putting his hands on my hips as I slipping to some shorts. He pulled on my t-shirt for me as Jesse knocked on the bedroom door.

“Coop come on we have to leave for the high school soon.” We heard through the door. He sighed and kissed me as he walked into to the bedroom and grabbed one of his Hurley hat off my dresser.

“Love you Baby, I will see you soon.” He said kissing me one more time before putting on his hat and walked out.

“Love you too,” I smiled at him. Now it was time for mine and Dad’s surprise………..