3

Catherine

I vow to never make any form of physical contact with things that would give me headaches ever again.

As much as I wanted the emotional frustrations out last night, the aftermath wasn't even worth it.

I got up, groaning as my brain decided to go for a roller coaster ride without a seatbelt on. I knew I wasn't going to throw up, but it felt like a had a lump in my throat, and I have no idea on how to get rid of it.

Grabbing a cotton shirt, I slowly made my way to the bathroom.

I lived alone. And I make sure everything is locked before I close my eyes at night. I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with somebody trying to rob me. And nobody. And I mean nobody was to see my ladybug underwear set.

Putting on one of my many university t-shirts, I yawned. It felt like I jus t blinked, when in reality, I slept half the day away.

Facing the bathroom sink, I groaned. My hair was a mess. As much as I liked it long, it was too time consuming. Maybe I'll get it cut short on my way to meeting a couple of people later.

I was just made editor two months ago. I started off answering phone calls while I was studying and worked my way up. I knew my dad did a little bit of Wright magic. No way am I going to be promoted in a snap if it wasn't for him.

Knowing my dad, it was impossible to say no. And at that time, it was making his not-so-little-girl editor in a company he owned shares.

It was unfair and it made me mad. I went straight to the big guy to take back my so-called 'promotion' but he gave me the reason that since I was the youngest among the bunch, I was perfect for the romance department. According to him, they had to know which novel made hearts flutter.

I almost gagged. Of all people, why me? I was awkward, only had three relationships that didn't even last long enough to be called relationships, and was the least sociable.

But among the group of people there, I was the most optimistic. Sure I said something about not believing in happy, riding towards the sunset endings.

That wasn't for me. But that doesn't mean it wasn't meant for other people. The editors now just wanted to publish books that could make money first. Then make hearts flutter later.

I was okay working at my department. Besides, I've read Fifty Shades before, and having mature scenes on romance novels was sort of normal for me now. Okay, so that isn't exactly advisable.

I have read about how it would feel like. That if the man you love touches you, you'll feel the tingles.

Glen tried touching me before, intimately; his hand on my thigh as he gradually attempted to move it further north during a dinner date, and well-no tingles.

I'm not being miss goody two shoes but I was saving myself for someone.

...

Okay so I am a little bit of a miss goody two shoes. It doesn't bother me that I'm untouched at twenty-four. I was somewhat proud of it, but not exactly something I'd flaunt when my co-workers start talking about bedroom escapades.

The sound of my stomach growling made me take out my toothbrush. I remember having a chocolate bar before downing half of the wine, so that wasn't a shocker.

After brushing my teeth, I stepped out of the bathroom and went straight to my living room. Picking up the DVD player's remote, I turned it on. After half a minute, music boomed from the speakers.