9

Damon

"I changed my mind."

I was watching a show about people dating naked when I heard her. I turned my head on the direction of her bedroom and saw her peeking through her door.

"You've been in your room since lunch, bonbon. I've watched three reality shows in a row and now I'm watching a guy meet a girl naked without even getting to first base."

I saw her hesitate and whispered a soft okay before closing her door again.

What is it with women and taking too long to get dressed? I knew this was going to happen so I left the shirt I was going to wear in my bedroom.

Back to women taking too long. They just have to put those black liquid cuticles on their lashes, what were they called again? Right mascaras. And lipstick and uh, blush. The last girl I've been with had a bathroom crammed with all these...bottles. I was convinced she was a witch.

Her door opened but closed the minute I turned my head. This time, I knew she wasn't wearing one of her huge university shirts. I had a brief glimpse of her shoulder. Maybe she's going strapless. Even from where I sat, I saw some of the freckles scattered on her exposed skin. And I've seen a little mole just below her collarbone whenever she vacuums the living room.

What. She wears huge shirts.

I haven't really seen her wear something...feminine. Don't get me wrong, she wears those...floral blouses. Yesterday she wore a blouse full of these little yellow flowers and I almost covered my eyes. Her blouse can attract sunlight.

I have to admit that I found her somewhat...ordinary. Doesn't even bother to wear skirts. Always slacks. But then again I've only been here a month and I still have a lot to learn about her. She does have this habit of looking down at her hands when she felt uncomfortable. And she places her coffee just under her nose; she told me she likes smelling her coffee.

I like calling her bonbon. I know she's a sweet person. It's in the way she looks at Ellie. But I can't say the same when it comes to me. Most of the time, she would look at me but say nothing. Like she knew I was teasing her but just went along or rather ignored it. She isn't good at accepting affection too, even when Ellie comes over to chat. It almost feels like she automatically rejects people who get too close. Except that woman from her work. Daisy? Lily? I'm sure it was a flower. Catherine Wright tried to be ordinary. The kind that gets blurred out whenever the main characters re-unite on movies. She described herself that way.

Doesn't wear contacts and hides her eyes with her reading glasses. Not the one with the colored rims, she uses the ones that had strings on it. The stereotypical librarian look. But she reads books for a living and I'm sure she wants to give off the 'back-off' impression except when she's with her clients. She tried it on me once. Never worked. Besides, even if she did have a point, I was too distracted imagining a sexy librarian with her legs showing anyway.

Smiling to myself, I turned my attention back to what I was watching just when the guy was giving the poor woman a hug.

Lucky bastard.

I lied to Catherine when I told her there were no rules. I wasn't allowed to smoke but I had an electronic cigar... Which is also gone; now since she told me to stop. I wasn't allowed to drink alcohol. Or even curse. Or have another woman to fu-

The guys at the garage pestered me when they found out I was doing a different job for an indefinite period of time.

She fascinates me. In fact; I did question him when he gave me her information. Here was a woman who had enough confidence to make writers believe that they can make it but never had enough confidence to convince herself that she's worth it. With that attitude, I just don't know when her 'the one' would actually see her and know that she's...special. In her own way.