8

thanks a bunch for the cover Tristyn :)

Catherine

I opened my eyes when I heard loud music coming from the other room.

Groaning, I covered my face with a pillow and tried to go back to sleep. It's been three weeks and two days since Damon appeared on my kitchen. Kind of like a Pokémon, that guy.

And it's been like this ever since he discovered the apartment was sound proof. I would've just ignored his country music pounding my ears at seven thirty on a Sunday morning. But with him singing along with it? That's just too much for a girl to take.

Surrendering sleep, I got up just as he sang the chorus of a song I've heard over and over again. I dragged myself towards the bathroom and pounded a fist on the wall just to let him know he woke me up. I heard him laugh before continuing his mini concert.

My eyes were barely open when I took my toothbrush and began the ritual of attempting to make myself look more human. I splashed cold water on my face and got out of my room. Making myself some coffee, I sat down. After two more high notes, I heard a door open and I waited for the siren to enter the kitchen.

"Good morning, bonbon." he smiled and I just rolled my eyes.

"You know what Damon?" I moved aside when I saw him making his way towards the fridge. We've learned to adjust and try not to kill each other when it comes to living in the same space. Well at least I'm trying not to kill him. He took an apple from the fridge and sat at the stool in front of me.

"I long for the day that you-" he placed a finger on my lips to stop me from talking.

"will take me mind, body and soul." I slapped his hand away.

"Eew no. I long for the day that I would see you walk inside this kitchen wearing a complete set of clothes." I sipped from my cup just as he bit on to his apple. I have a lot of questions I want to ask Damon. Like what does he do exactly? And what is he? I still don't believe him. How does he know Ellie and why does she trust Damon so much?

Surely, a sane person wouldn't allow a man and a woman stay on the same apartment.

You're adults Catherine. At least you are. Damon on the other hand...

"Well bonbon, it's either I'm shirtless, pantless, or nothing at all!"

See what I mean?

I rested my cheek on the palm of my hand and stared at him. I thought that when he said he was going to distract me, he would...that we would... I blushed just by thinking about it.

The big Guy wouldn't send someone just so I can get laid.

I covered my mouth even when I didn't say it out loud.

Was that what I was thinking the whole time?

I saw him look at me. I looked down at my coffee cup to avoid eye contact. He snapped his fingers and leaned towards me.

"I knew it!" I suddenly looked up to see a grin on his face.

Please don't tell me he can read minds.

"You were considering it. About me, you, mind, body and soul..." He moved his eyebrows suggestively. Blushing, I decided to change the direction of the conversation instead. He finished his apple and threw the remains on the trash bin.

"Damon, other than eating apples, what else do you use it for?" He looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows again. "My, my bonbon. I didn't know you were into such...kinky-" I glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender.